"Publisher cannot complete the operation"

Diatonic_Muttley

Aug 14, 2008, 7:37:01 AM8/14/08
Hello.

I posted this in another discussion and was advised that this group would be
a better place to ask the following question. So Apologies for cross posting.

I'm having a problem using the wizard in Publisher 2000
"Publisher cannot complete the operation"

I have Windows XP Home SP3
MS Office 2000 Professional
512MB RAM
35GB Free space on HDD

This has only started after Windows Service pack 3 was installed.
It was ok with Windows XP SP1 and Windows XP SP2

I even check for Ms Office 2000 updates once a month, just installed the
latest updates yesterday in the hope that it might fix the problem. It
didn't.

Once I open Publisher and then use the wizard to select any of the cards,
Busines or greeting or letter templates to name a few. I get the following
error mesage
"Publisher cannot complete the operation".

This is happening in all my accounts including Administrator, yet I've never
had this problem before in any of the accounts ltd or admin.

I've tried the detect and repair feature and even the reinstall option but
neither have fixed this problem.

Would like your advice.

Thank you.
Apologies for cross posting.

Mary Sauer

Aug 14, 2008, 6:22:30 PM8/14/08
Check your graphics/video driver, see if it needs upgrading. Go to the
manufacturer's web site and look around.

1. Log on to the computer as Administrator.
2. Right-click My Computer, and then click Manage.
3. Under Computer Management, expand Local Users and Groups, and then expand
Groups.
4. In the right pane, double-click Power Users.
5. If the user account in question is not part of the Power Users group, click
Add.
6. In the Select Users dialog box, type the name of the user account that you
want to add, and then click OK.
7. Click OK, and then quit Computer Management.
8. Log off the computer, and then log on as the user in question.

There is always the cleanup utility
Description of the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301/en-us

--
Mary Sauer
http://msauer.mvps.org/