resize from 8.5x11 to 11x17

Peter So

Mar 9, 2003, 4:04:18 PM3/9/03
I made a page for printing on Letter size paper (8.5x11). Now I want to make
a larger print of the same page, namely 11x17, but the publication does not
resize. It now shows a 11x17 page with the publication still at 8.5x11 in
the middle of the larger page. How can I resize the publication to fit the
larger paper?

Thanks,

Peter

Don Schmidt

Mar 9, 2003, 4:15:18 PM3/9/03
Did you select Arrange and adjust the margins?

Don
Vancouver, USA

"Peter So" <pet...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Ed Bennett

Mar 9, 2003, 4:13:54 PM3/9/03
Ed looks into the distance, when he is hit by a paper plane from Peter
So <pet...@yahoo.com>. On it, there is a message...

If you have a tabloid printer, you may be able to scale the 8.5x11 up to
11x17 without needing to resize the publication. Check the settings in your
printer driver.
Otherwise, you can Ctrl-A to select all, go to Arrange > Group, and then
resize it so it takes up the entire page. You will need to change font
sizes.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher - aka the_nerd
http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/

Ron Cohen

Mar 10, 2003, 1:34:48 AM3/10/03
If you select all the elements on the page, you can then do a copy/paste
special/picture. The picture can be resized. However there is one thing to
consider. You can't resize and maintain the exact same x/y ratio because
8.5x11 will expand to 11x14. If you go to 11x17 then either part of the
original will be lost in a non printable area or it can be distorted so that
one dimension is stretched out of proportion. If you intend for some white
space at each end of the sheet (1.5") then you won't have a problem with
distortion.
--
Ron Cohen
drc...@ivwnet.com