Login failed. Project could not connect to the server

Vian@discussions.microsoft.com Elizabeth Vian

Oct 19, 2007, 3:06:00 PM10/19/07
I have setup project server and SharePoint server. I am trying to make
connection using office project professional, but I can't. I am getting the
error that "Login failed. Project could not connect to the server. Please
check username and password and try again". I tried different username and
password but it's not working. It is working properly on http. I also tried
to make different Project Server Account with different URL, but no luck. I
also configured my project server 3 times. Now I am helpless. I really
appreciate your help and suggestions.

Thanks

Mike Glen

Oct 19, 2007, 5:41:13 PM10/19/07
Hi Elizabeth ,

Try posting on the server newsgroup. Please see FAQ Item: 24. Project
Newsgroups. FAQs, companion products and other useful Project information
can be seen at this web address: http://project.mvps.org/faqs.htm

Mike Glen
Project MVP

"Vian" <Elizabeth Vi...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Y.@discussions.microsoft.com Denis Y.

Nov 16, 2007, 4:32:01 AM11/16/07
sorry
i'm don't found posting with answer on first question about problem with
access.. please, give me exact url.

thank you

JulieS

Nov 16, 2007, 9:13:23 AM11/16/07
Hello Denis,

The URL for the Project Server newsgroup (in english) is:
http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.project.server&lang=en&cr=US

If you are using a news reader:

News server: msnews.microsoft.com
newsgroup: microsoft.public.project.server

I hope this helps. Let us know how you get along.

Julie
Project MVP

Visit http://project.mvps.org/ for the FAQs and additional information
about Microsoft Project