SharePoint Services remot administration failed to create the site

Stephanie

Jan 5, 2009, 5:33:02 PM1/5/09
We have Project 2003 and cannot create sites some some reason, when I try to
manually create a site, I get the error "Windows Sharepoint Services remote
administration failed to create the site." Is this a Sharepoint issue or a
Project issue and how can I fix it?

Dharmesh Patel

Jan 6, 2009, 4:21:03 AM1/6/09
If i am correct, are you using special characters in any names? I know that
this can cause an issue in 2003......

Also check in the following section - in Project Web Access, Admin, Manage
Windows SharePoint Services, Connect to SharePoint Portal Server and check
the Portal Name's.

Do you have any errors in the event logs on the servers?

Hope this helps to start with....

Regards,

Dharmesh Patel

"Stephanie" <Step...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Mike Glen

Jan 6, 2009, 8:39:01 AM1/6/09
Hi Stephanie,

Try posting on the microsoft.public.project.server newsgroup (forum).
Please see FAQ Item: 24. Project Newsgroups. FAQs, companion products and
other useful Project information can be seen at this web address:
http://project.mvps.org/faqs.htm

Mike Glen
Project MVP

Stephanie

Jan 29, 2009, 12:56:03 PM1/29/09
I checked and we aren't using any special characters for the names and when
I try to create a site below is what is recorded in the event error log. Do
you have any other ideas of what we could try?

File: C:\Office\dev\project\WebClient\source\server\pjdbcomm\PjDbObjects.cpp
Line: 256
Error Number: 0x80004005
included.]]></Description>