Event ID 5783 - Synchronization for Shared Services Provider Fails

Bill Tibbetts

Mar 1, 2010, 1:17:02 PM3/1/10
Ever since patching our Project Server 2007 farm, we've been getting the
following message:

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: Office SharePoint Server
Event Category: Office Server Shared Services
Event ID: 5783
Date: 3/1/2010
Time: 8:54:14 AM
User: N/A
Computer: PSAppServer
Synchronization for Shared Services Provider 'SharedServices1' has failed.
The operation will be retried.

Reason: Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute.

Technical Support Details:
System.InvalidOperationException: Collection was modified; enumeration
operation may not execute.
at System.Collections.Hashtable.HashtableEnumerator.MoveNext()
at
Microsoft.Office.Server.Administration.SharedResourceProvider.SynchronizeConfigurationDatabaseAccess(SharedComponentSecurity security)
at
Microsoft.Office.Server.Administration.SharedResourceProvider.SynchronizeAccessControl(SharedComponentSecurity sharedApplicationSecurity)
at
Microsoft.Office.Server.Administration.SharedResourceProvider.Microsoft.Office.Server.Administration.ISharedComponent.Synchronize()
at
Microsoft.Office.Server.Administration.SharedResourceProviderJob.Execute(Guid
targetInstanceId)

Any help out there???

Ben Howard [MVP]

Mar 1, 2010, 4:23:01 PM3/1/10

Hi Bill, are you using MOSS, and did you create a collection for a PWS
template, that contains items that mess with the default
issues/risks/deliverables? I'm suspect your issue, if not directly related
to the above, at least is partially related?
--
Regards, Ben.

http://www.applepark.co.uk
http://appleparkltd.spaces.live.com/

Bill Tibbetts

Mar 1, 2010, 6:55:01 PM3/1/10
Hi Ben, thanks for responding...

We are WSS 3.0 (no MOSS) and, to my knowledge, no customizations to default
lists on site templates.