Error with the OLAP Cube

Valeria Chiuki

May 26, 2008, 3:17:01 PM5/26/08
Hi!, I am using Project Server 2007 and I am getting the following error when
I try to view the Data Analisys link in the PWA. "Error code = 0xC1010000,
External code = 0x0000274C". Does anybody know what happened to my OLAP cube?
This error appeared without any special known action form the administrators.
Thanks.

Marc Soester [MVP]

May 26, 2008, 8:39:00 PM5/26/08
Valeria,

can you check if the Cubes have been build. You can see this by looking into
the Analysis Server.
Thanks
--
Marc Soester [MVP]
National Manager: EPM

Valeria Chiuki

May 29, 2008, 8:59:02 AM5/29/08
Hi Marc, I checked in PWA, Server settings, Cube, Build Status and it seems
as everything has worked well. This is the last sentence of the log:
[28/05/2008 11:04 p.m.] Cube build request completed successfully.
I do not know if this is the correct place where to check this or ther is
another way of doing it. Is the Analysis Server some kind of administration
software?

Thanks.

Marc Soester [MVP]

May 30, 2008, 2:13:01 AM5/30/08
Hi Valeria,

it seems that you dont have an issue with the cube build itself, but with
settings on your local Web browser.
Please do the following to see if this resolves your issue:
within the internet browser go to Tools > Internet Options > Security >
Trusted Sites > and click on the "custom Level..." button.

Under Settings, fint the Mescellaneous section and ensure that your "Access
data source accross domains" is set to enable.
Click ok, close your browser, open PWA and check if you can access the cubes
via Data Analysis now.
Hope this helps

Valeria Chiuki

May 30, 2008, 7:42:00 AM5/30/08
Hi Marc, I have checked that setting and I allready had it set because before
I used to see the cube. I dont know what happened that from one day to
another we couldn`t see it any more.

Thank for your help.

Marc Soester [MVP]

May 30, 2008, 8:21:00 PM5/30/08
Valeria,

can you try to log on to a different computer and check if you can access
the cube from there. I believe something is not quite right with your current
computer and would like to check if you can use the cube on another computer

Valeria Chiuki

May 30, 2008, 10:09:00 PM5/30/08
Marc, I've tryed with different computers, different profiles, different
browser but I get allways the same message.
As in our company we also have Business Scorecard Manager, I tryed making a
new KPI and connecting to the Project Olap Cube and I could perfectly view
the data.
I don't know if this information is of any help, but it seems as the cube is
wright and the problem may be in something of the connection between PWA and
the cube. Thanks for your time

Marc Soester [MVP]

May 31, 2008, 7:55:00 PM5/31/08
Hi Valeria,

when you access the Data Analyser page, I assume that you dont see anything
about the data analyser or can you see at least the toolbar for data analyser?

Valeria Chiuki

Jun 2, 2008, 8:27:01 AM6/2/08
Thanks Marc for your answer.
When I access the page, it takes a lot of time, but finally I can see the
toolbar. I can change the Views, but none of the views worked. All of them
have the same problem.
The whole error message is:
"Error returned by underlying Operating System call. Error code= 0xC1010000,
External Code=0x0000274C". In the first question I missed the first part of
the error and perhaps is important and it meens something to you. Sorry about
it.
Thanks

Marc Soester [MVP]

Jun 2, 2008, 6:19:00 PM6/2/08
Hi Valeria,

this tells me that it has something to do with the connection between the
server and your desktop. You said that you have this problem on every desktop
you logon, this tells me that the office web components are not corrupt in
anyway. You also mentioned that the cube builds just fine and in the past you
had the abillity to use the OLAP cubes. Somehting must have changed regarding
connections. Is it possible that you do not have the backward compadebillity
components installed. can you please make sure to check that you guys have
the backward compadebillity components installed. Let me know if they have
been installed. We will get to the bottom of it eventually :) Sorry for these
many questions, but it is difficult to try to help without beeing there :)

Valeria Chiuki

Jun 3, 2008, 1:02:00 PM6/3/08
Hi Marc, I really know it is difficult to help me beeing far away.
I checked with our IT group and they said that we have SQL 2005 Backward
Compatiblity installed. I don't know if that is of any help to you.

Marc Soester [MVP]

Jun 3, 2008, 6:17:00 PM6/3/08
Hi Valeria,

I actually mean the backward compatebillity on your Desktop. If you guys run
Office 2003 you need to install the backward compatebillity components on
your desktop

Project Server web site should be added to Trusted Sites via group policy.
Any users that need to access Data Analysis views will need to have 'Access
Data Sources Across Domains' set to Enabled in the security options for
Trusted Sites, and also need the Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Analysis Services
9.0 OLE DB Provider component installed

I hope this helps

Valeria Chiuki

Jul 1, 2008, 7:56:01 AM7/1/08
I’ll try to resume my situation:
I am using Project Server 2007 with Office 2007, the cube is generating
perfectly well, I can access it from the server but not from the clients. I
can access the cube also from Business Scorecard Manager. We have the SQL
2005 Backward Compatiblity installed in the server.
The Project Server web site is set as a trusted site and we have 'Access
Data Sources Across Domains' set to Enabled in the security options for
Trusted Sites in the Explorer.

I am getting the following error when I try to view the Data Analisys link
in the PWA. "Error code = 0xC1010000, External code = 0x0000274C".
I used to see the cube. I don’t know what happened that from one day to
another we couldn’t see it any more.
Recently, our IT people told me they had put a firewall between the server
and the workstations, can this have any effect on it?
Any help?

Marc Soester [MVP]

Jul 1, 2008, 8:11:03 PM7/1/08
Hi Valeria,

yes that could certainly be the reason. You may want to talk to your
infrastructure people and ask to do some test on your desktop regarding
firewall.

olgamaritzaromerosepulveda

Oct 9, 2008, 2:04:05 PM10/9/08
Hello, very good afternoon
I have the problem that valeria ism and I would like to know what resolved.

Thank you
Olga Maritza Romero
Colombia

MESSAGE -----------
03-junio-08 06:17:00

Hola Valeria,

De hecho, me refiero a la compatebillity atrás en el escritorio. Si ustedes correr
Office 2003 es necesario instalar los componentes compatebillity atrás en
tu escritorio

Project Server sitio web, debe añadirse a través de Sitios de confianza de grupo.
Cualquier usuarios que necesitan acceso de Análisis de Datos opiniones necesidad de disponer de "Acceso
Fuentes de datos en todos los dominios' ajustado a habilitado en las opciones de seguridad para
Sitios de confianza, y también la necesidad de Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Analysis Services
9.0 OLE DB Provider componente instalado

Espero que esta ayuda
--
Soester Marc [MVP]
Nacional Manager: EPM

botón

Error con el cubo OLAP - ValeriaChiuk
01-Jul-08 07:56:01

IA € ™ ll tratar de reanudar mi situación:
Estoy utilizando Project Server 2007 con Office 2007, el cubo está generando
perfectamente, puedo acceder a él desde el servidor, pero no de los clientes. I
puede acceder también el cubo de Business Scorecard Manager. Tenemos el SQL
2005 compatibilidad hacia atrás instalado en el servidor.
El Project Server sitio web está configurado como un sitio de confianza y hemos de Acceso
Fuentes de datos en todos los dominios' ajustado a habilitado en las opciones de seguridad para
Sitios de confianza en el Explorer.
Estoy recibiendo el siguiente mensaje de error cuando intento ver el enlace Análisis de Datos
en la PWA. "Código de error = 0xC1010000, el código externo = 0x0000274C".
Solía ver el cubo. I dona € ™ t de saber lo que sucedió que de un día para
otro que couldnâ € ™ t ver nunca más.
Recientemente, nuestro pueblo de TI me dijo que había puesto un firewall entre el servidor
y los puestos de trabajo, esto puede tener efecto alguno sobre ella?
Cualquier ayuda?

botón

Error con el cubo OLAP - MarcSoesterMV
01-Jul-08 08:11:03

Hola Valeria,

Sí que puede ser la razón. Si lo desea, puede hablar con su
infraestructura de las personas y pedir a hacer algunos test en su escritorio en relación con
firewall.
--
Soester Marc [MVP]
Nacional Manager: EPM