PS 2003 Exception Error Code 9573

Robbit

Mar 7, 2007, 2:41:00 PM3/7/07
We have a client on PS 2003 where a single project is throwing an exception
error upon opening. It also generates an item in the Application Event log,
which I detail below. The project opens after you click OK on the error,
but it happens every time and the customer is concerned. I've been searching
and I see many instances where others have asked this question, but cannot
find any answers.

Here are the errors:

An exception occurred in the Project Server.
Project Server encountered a problme with this error code: 9573. Please
contact your server administrator.

In the Event Log:

Application Event log
Source: Microsoft Project Server
Type: Error
Event ID 2
User: NT Authority/Local Service

Component: PDS
Line: 0
Error Number: 0x2565
-2147217873 : Cannot insert duplicate key row in object 'MSP_RES_SECURITY'
with unique index 'I_MSP_RES_SECURITY'.]]></Description>

I would appreciate any information anyone has on resolving this problem.
--
Robbit - IT Manager

stankappiris

Apr 9, 2008, 7:09:34 PM4/9/08
Has anyone come up with a solution to this issue?
version: MS Project Server 2003

Chak

Apr 9, 2008, 7:58:48 PM4/9/08
On Apr 9, 6:09 pm, Stan Kappiris wrote:
> Has anyone come up with a solution to this issue?
> version: MS Project Server 2003

Hello Robbit,

Error codes between 9300 to 9599 are data access exception errors and
not documented by Microsoft.

I resolved this issue (error code 9573) earlier at one of my work
place.

I am listing my experience here, please take the appropriate action as
per your situation:

9573 Error: This Issue might related to resources in project plan.

Solution 1: Please open the project plan and in resource sheet view,
see any resource name is appearing twice (sort the names and verify)

The major cause of the error might be resource name added as local
resource in project plan and assigned work. Later the same local
resource added as enterprise resource in resource pool. At this point
Project server unable to map the local resource with enterprise
resource and in result enterprise resource marked as local resource in
project plan.

Delete the wrong resource, but careful while deleting, verify the work
and actula work associated with resource name.

Solution 2: If unable to find anything from above, you have to deal
this issue from database:

STEPS:

1) Select
RES_NAME,Res_UID,RES_ID,RES_WORK,RES_EUID,RES_ACT_WORK,RES_COST from
msp_resources
where proj_id = xxx
order by res_name

See here carefully :

Any names appearing as twice.
OR
Any enterprise resource appering as local resource

2) You can also run the following query to find out the enterprise
resource EUID and UID info from Enterprise Resource Pool

Select RES_NAME,Res_UID,RES_EUID from msp_resources
where proj_id = 1
order by res_name

Once you identify the wrong resource with no work and no act work from
first query, you have to run the following query to delete the
resource

DELETE FROM dbo.MSP_RESOURCES
WHERE RES_ID = XXX and PROJ_ID = XXX and RES_UID = XXX

DELETE FROM dbo.MSP_RESOURCE_BASELINES
WHERE RES_UID = XXX and PROJ_ID = XXX

Solution 3:

Save the project to local machine
Fix the resource names by sorting (eliminate any duplicate
names)
Delete the project plan from server
Reload the plan to server.

Thanks
Chak
http://www.epmcentral.com

Sara

Jun 3, 2008, 1:05:00 AM6/3/08

Hi Chak,

If Solution 3 is chosen, what happens to the tasks assigned to resources
from the deleted project? Since we are reloading same project, we do not
have any issues here? No duplicated tasks in PWA?

Sara

Chak

Jun 3, 2008, 11:34:57 AM6/3/08
Hi Sara,

If you are choosing the solution 3, first of all you have to make sure
there are no pending updates for project. PM need to approve all the
task updates submitted by team members. Once this is done, do the
following:

1) Save the project plan to local machine

2) Delete the project from server

3) Open the project plan saved to your local machine by step 1, fix

the resource names by sorting (eliminate any duplicate names)

4) Import the project plan from local machine to server

5) PM need to Republish Assignments by choosing overwrite actuals
entered by resources

There will not be duplicated tasks in PWA. We already deleted the
instance of the project on step 2. Deletion of the project also
removed tasks and assignments from PWA. But step 5 repopulates the PWA
tasks, assignments and timesheet for that project.

I hope this helps.

Thanks
Chak
http://www.epmcentral.com

Sara

Jun 10, 2008, 9:01:00 PM6/10/08
Hi Chak,

Thank you for your support.
I did the following steps, and it did work!

Sara
--
New project administrator

Chak

Jun 11, 2008, 12:05:37 AM6/11/08
Sara,

You are most welcome.

Thanks
Chak

> > > Chakhttp://www.epmcentral.com- Hide quoted text -

Saikat

Dec 3, 2009, 8:01:32 AM12/3/09
I could not find the solutions link here anywhere. The solution 3 Sara mentions here, I assume, is the same as the solution mentioned under the below link:
http://epmcentral.com/pjadmin/ps03err9573.php

Although many thanks for the information below.

Sar wrote:

Hi Chak,If Solution 3 is chosen, what happens to the tasks assigned to
03-Jun-08

Hi Chak,

If Solution 3 is chosen, what happens to the tasks assigned to resources
from the deleted project? Since we are reloading same project, we do not
have any issues here? No duplicated tasks in PWA?

Sara

"Chak" wrote:

On Wednesday, March 07, 2007 2:41 PM
Robbi wrote:

PS 2003 Exception Error Code 9573

Here are the errors:

In the Event Log:

On Wednesday, April 09, 2008 7:09 PM
Stan Kappiris wrote:

Error 9573

Has anyone come up with a solution to this issue?
version: MS Project Server 2003

On Tuesday, June 03, 2008 1:05 AM
Sar wrote:

Hi Chak,If Solution 3 is chosen, what happens to the tasks assigned to
Hi Chak,

If Solution 3 is chosen, what happens to the tasks assigned to resources
from the deleted project? Since we are reloading same project, we do not
have any issues here? No duplicated tasks in PWA?

Sara

"Chak" wrote:

On Wednesday, June 04, 2008 6:04 AM
Chak wrote:

[...]

On Apr 9, 6:58=A0pm, Chak <chak...@hotmail.com> wrote:
uplicate

On Tuesday, June 10, 2008 9:01 PM
Sar wrote:

Hi Chak,Thank you for your support.I did the following steps, and it did work!
Hi Chak,

Thank you for your support.
I did the following steps, and it did work!

Sara
--
New project administrator

"Chak" wrote: