The manager cannot create the resource account (0x8C040017)

Jakub Dudek

Feb 1, 2005, 12:25:31 PM2/1/05
Hello,
I am using Project Server 2003 with SP1 for Project Server.
During publishing assignments I got error from the topic in Microsoft Office
Server Spooler.
Also icon in systray is blinking with red explanation mark.

Using google I have found this:

http://www.kbalertz.com/kb_843088.aspx

I have performed described in article steps but now I got "SYSTEM ERROR"
instead of
"The manager cannot create the resource account (0x8C040017)"

Also I have found some traces of article on
http://www.projectserverexperts.com/Project%20Server%20FAQs/cantcreateaccount.htm

But link is broken :(

I have reverted to the previous settings, because "SYSTEM ERROR" is more
frightening than "The manager cannot create the resource account
(0x8C040017)".
It just sounds better :)

There are also a lot of errors in event log.
Example:
Component: PjMsgHlr

File:
C:\Office\devsp\project\WebClient\source\server\pjmsghlr\MsgHandler.cpp

Line: 1100

Error Number: 0x8c040017

included.]]></Description>

Any ideas what should I do ?

Regards,

Jakub Dudek

Jakub Dudek

Feb 1, 2005, 12:54:45 PM2/1/05
I must add that in schedule I have switched
to resource sheet and don't see any resource marked as local.
Also in spooler column "affected user account(s)" is empty.

Jakub

"Jakub Dudek" <jdu...@elf.ii.uj.edu.pl.spamout> wrote in message

Gary L. Chefetz (MVP)

Feb 1, 2005, 10:55:17 PM2/1/05
Jakub:

Sometimes a local resource in a plan can be blank. The only trace might be
that you'll see some columns populated without names. At times, you might
need to scroll down the list a bit to find them, as users can make these
phantoms appear fairly easily. We recently updated the content on
Projectserverexperts.com, so you'll need to find the article on FAQ list.
It's there.

--

Gary L. Chefetz, MVP
"We wrote the books on Project Server"

-

Jakub Dudek

Feb 4, 2005, 4:00:12 AM2/4/05
Thanks Gery.
I have found it.
I have reviewed *a lot of* schedules, and finally I have found
non-enterprise resources in one of them.
Interesting is this, that while publishing other schedules it was happening
also.
Now it still happens, in spite of I have removed all non enterprise (local
resources).

Jakub

"Gary L. Chefetz (MVP)" <gary.nospam at chefetz.org> wrote in message

Gary L. Chefetz (MVP)

Feb 4, 2005, 7:59:06 AM2/4/05
Jakub:

Any other errors in the server application event log?

--

Gary L. Chefetz, MVP
"We wrote the books on Project Server"
http://www.msprojectexperts.com