How to Create a CD with PowerPoint and Using an Autorun.inf - BAtch File

已查看 296 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

Mary Jameson

未读,
1999年7月2日 03:00:001999/7/2
收件人
I would like to know how to create an autorun.inf file and batch file that
will automatically copy the PowerPoint presentation and accompanying .wav
file from a CD-R to any PC user's hard drive. This is a copy of what I have
tried so far and it does not work! If I click on the play.bat file, it does
everything it is supposed to. There must be a missing line in the
autorun.inf file.

[autorun.inf]
open=play.bat

play.bat
md c:\pp_play
xcopy *.* c:\pp_play /s/e/v
c:
cd\pp_play
ppview32.exe amerbeau.ppt

If you can suggest a solution, I would be so grateful. Thank you! Mary
mailto:mjam...@i1.net

sandr...@my-deja.com

未读,
1999年7月4日 03:00:001999/7/4
收件人
In article <dE8f3.27$%t5.4...@news1.i1.net>,

"Mary Jameson" <mjam...@i1.net> wrote:
> I would like to know how to create an autorun.inf file and batch file
that
> will automatically copy the PowerPoint presentation and accompanying
.wav
> file from a CD-R to any PC user's hard drive.

> play.bat
> md c:\pp_play
> xcopy *.* c:\pp_play /s/e/v
> c:
> cd\pp_play
> ppview32.exe amerbeau.ppt

Mary,
try to "Save" your presentation "As"
"PowerPoint95 and 97 Presentation"
(instead of "Presentation *.ppt")
or "As"
"*.pps"

Sandro
sgi...@vtx.ch

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

Rod Rehor

未读,
1999年7月4日 03:00:001999/7/4
收件人
First, it should be [autorun]. Second, it that doesn't work, try

[autorun]
open=start "play.bat"

Mary Jameson <mjam...@i1.net> wrote in message

> [autorun.inf]
> open=play.bat

未读,
1999年7月4日 03:00:001999/7/4
收件人
I have been halping folks with this for a while now. Please see my
site for info. B aware that I do this to make money and am not in a
position to teach people how to do this, rather I creating "Autorun"
cds with the Power Point Viewer and the Presentation on the CD
material. It will autorun when put into the PC and will not add a
single file to the PC it is playing on.

http://Welcome.to/TheMcHenryProject

Thanks,
Sean McHenry

未读,
1999年7月4日 03:00:001999/7/4
收件人
Please stop by my site for some info on how I can do this for you.

http:\\Welcome.to\TheMcHenryProject

I can place your presentation and the viewer on a CD that will play
automatically when placed in the PC and best of all...It doesn't
install a single file on the PC !

Some folks will tell you you can't do this. Yes we can.

SM

未读,
1999年7月7日 03:00:001999/7/7
收件人
Sorry, slashes wrong direction, try this one...

http://Welcome.to/TheMcHenryProject

Sean

Jesse Schneider

未读,
1999年7月13日 03:00:001999/7/13
收件人
Actually anybody can make a self contained self runable show off a cd with a
couple of restrictions. The restrictions being that you a) cannot link to
another powerpoint show from within a powerpoint, and b) cannot link to a
website from within the presentation.

You can download a add a plug in called "cd wizard" and this can be obtained
from the microsoft site. If you have your powerpoint viewer properly
installed you can install the cd wizard. When your powerpoint is open you
will notice a new sub menu under the file menu that says, distribute to a
cd. Create a folder for this to output to and continue with the operation.
It will extract all needed files into this folder. Then when you are ready
to burn it to a cd, all you do is take all the contents from this folder and
put into your cd burning software. Before you burn make sure any of your avi
or mpeg video is contained in the "preset" folder and if they are not insert
them before you burn. After this process burn your cd and test it out.
There are much better instructions for this process on the microsoft site
that help, but in a nut shell well you know.

Jesse Schneider
Clio Communications
www.clionewmedia.com
je...@clionewmedia.com

X <jd...@my.com> wrote in message

Mark Bateman

未读,
1999年7月19日 03:00:001999/7/19
收件人
Jesse,

Exactly where on the Microsoft site is this "cd wizard" ??

Several attempts to track it down have proved fruitless!! Much appreciated
if you could let me into this 'much needed' secret...

Thanks in advance, Mark Bateman.

~~John Hemans~~

未读,
1999年7月20日 03:00:001999/7/20
收件人
Hi All,
Apart from the hyperlinking problems with this method, are there any other
bugs I need to know about?
If I don't want to auto-run (I'm already using an Autorun development
package called Auto Menu Studio Pro which offers multiple menu choices at
startup etc ) do I just use the .pps file as the one to call?
Also, can anyone tell me how to link to a website, and shut down the
presentation simultaneously? The idea is to get the user to view the
presentation, and then move on to the web site on the cd-rom. At that point,
there's no purpose in leaving the presentation running - how can I shut it
down?

TIA
John Hemans

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
John Hemans Web Design & Multimedia

Jesse Schneider <je...@clionewmedia.com> wrote in message

Randell_Riley

未读,
1999年7月20日 03:00:001999/7/20
收件人
Here is the URL

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q183/3/34.asp

I tried it after installing PPT2000. The CD Wizard apparently expects
particular files in particular places for PPT '97. It did not work with PPT
2000.

Suggest manual setup option. See MS Knowledgebase article Q173937.

Randell Riley

~~John Hemans~~

未读,
1999年7月21日 03:00:001999/7/21
收件人
Hi Randell,
I downloaded article Q173937, and found it useful.
However, I need to run the presentation from the CD-Rom, but not as part of
the initial sequence when the cd goes in the drive. Can I just run the
command ppview32.exe present\present.lst instead?
Thanks for your help.

John Hemans

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
John Hemans Web Design & Multimedia
www.jhemans.powerup.com.au
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Randell_Riley <Randel...@email.msn.com> wrote in message

Robert J. Cleve

未读,
1999年7月21日 03:00:001999/7/21
收件人 ~~John Hemans~~
Can you folks please give me an assist? I am running PPT2000 (is this the same
as PPT97?) and have installed CDWIZARD.EXE. I have followed the instructions
given in Q173937 but always run into a fault Error when I run my PPT show from
my CD. I have dragged all the needed folders and files to my CD and I have
edited the Autorun file to indicate the name of my ppt show. I can manually
run the PPT show from the CD by clicking on PPT viewer which was stored on the
file. But, I can't get it to autorun at all.

Looking at the CD directory setup it would seem everything is OK. i.e., I show
the following on my CD:

D:\
\Present
\Setup
Autorun.inf
then a whole bunch of .dll and .srg files

What am I doing wrong? Thanks for any help you are able to give.

Bob Cleve

Randell_Riley

未读,
1999年7月21日 03:00:001999/7/21
收件人
Not sure I understand what it is you are trying to do. Sounds to me that if
you are planning to run the presentation on a system on which PPT is
installed that the easiest way is to create a shortcut to a PPS file and
save it to the desktop.

This gives you instant access to the file and looks a heck of a lot more
professional than what I frequently see. (Open PowerPoint, Open the
Presentation, click the wrong key, full PPT program, find the slide again,
restart the presentation from that point.)

Going directly to a PPS presentation limits the number of mistakes you can
make while you are thinking on your feet.

The solution I offered is geared towards self-running presentations assuming
the CD-Rom is set up with the proper auto-insert notification settings on
the CD-Rom which is the Win '9x default.

FWIW

Randell Riley

Randell_Riley

未读,
1999年7月21日 03:00:001999/7/21
收件人
Assuming that all of the files are correctly copied, and there are a lot of
them - triple check based on experience, the thing that I see caused me this
problem was spaces in the PPT/PPS file name. Save it in the 8.3 format
without spaces in the lst file and in the \present directory making sure
they match.

This one was not obvious.

FWIW,

Randell Riley

~~John Hemans~~

未读,
1999年7月22日 03:00:001999/7/22
收件人
Hi Randell,
I already have a third-party program which generates an autorun file with
lots of multimedia options.
What I'm trying to achieve is that the user puts the cd-rom in the drive,
and is presented with a title screen (which I set up in the autorun
program), and then is prompted to view the presentation by clicking on a
link.
This kicks off the presentation, at the end of which the user returns to
this screen, and then goes on to browse a web site on the cd-rom.
I can't afford to assume the user already has PPT (especially the 97 viewer
as it wasn't included originally with Office 97). I also don't want to force
then to install the viewer (though I will include it as an option), as then
they have to go through a whole bunch of rigmarole before browsing the CD.
So I want to run the presentation without installing a viewer, like the CD
Wizard does, but without using the autorun file made by the cd wizard. I
have set up my directories correctly, now I nee to know what command to use
to call the presentation.
It's no good using the CD Wizard for this, as the limitation of the CD
Wizard is that when you use it with the presentation, the presentation can't
link to an html address, which is what I want to do once the presentation
has finished. Therefore I provide the web address on the custom autorun
screen.
I hope I've clarified the question. Any ideas?
Thanks
John

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
John Hemans Web Design & Multimedia
www.jhemans.powerup.com.au
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Randell_Riley <Randel...@email.msn.com> wrote in message

Mark Bateman

未读,
1999年7月25日 03:00:001999/7/25
收件人
Thank you so much!!

One final question, can the same be achieved with the 16-bit PowerPoint
viewer? I fully appreciate that Windows 3.x doesn't support the autorun
facility of Win-9x.

What I need to achieve is to be able to run either the 16 or 32 bit viewers
from the CD with no need to install anything on the viewers machine.

I intend to use InstallShield to determine the OS and run the appropriate
command line to begin the presentation.

Many thanks in advance,
Mark Bateman.

Randell_Riley <Randel...@email.msn.com> wrote in message