Powerpoint can't open because part of file is missing..

Keith Shoemaker

Apr 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/23/99
Hello,

Need help, have the above error message while opening a presentation i
have for class.
Worked fine on my computer at home, but done some touching up at school
before
class and now my saved copy will not open.

I luckily have a printed copy, but would rather be able to open my
original up
and run for my in class presentation.
If not I will have to make up another presentation before class on
Tuesday.

Thanks for the help.

Error Message:
Power point can't open because part of file is missing

Error Message: nameoffile.ppt is not a valid presentation file
message

Tried this already.... renamed the file, but still have error message.
I can see the first screen in preview mode, but will not load.

power point crashed whilst i was editing a presentation, resulting in
> the whole operating system following it down.
> Now, power point says it 'can't open files of this type' when i try
> open my presentation although the file extension is still .ppt and
> powerpoint has no problem with other .ppt files.
> does anyone know a way of rescuing my work?
> tia

thanks for any help.....

Keith

Steve Rindsberg

Apr 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/23/99
Bummer. I doubt there's anything you can do about it other than trying it
again. FWIW, life seems to go more smoothly if you adopt this rule:

Never save anything to or open anything from a diskette directly. Copy the
file to the HDD and open it from there; save it back to the HDD and copy to
floppy when done.

Keith Shoemaker

Apr 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/25/99
to Steve Rindsberg
The teacher told me that they have had that problem before with not able to open

files. Also problem with their LAN school, the colors show up different while
broadcasting.
I will have to redo the presentation and check it out at the college.
Thanks for your help.