Is it possible to insert a SVG in Powerpoint?

Fabian

May 11, 2009, 4:24:01 AM5/11/09

... more precisely, I am trying to insert the wikipedia world map (*.svg or
*.png) into powerpoint in a way that allows me to color multiple countries.

Is there any way to do that? ... Actually, I wasn't even able to in PPT
2007, but now I should do that in 2003.

Thank you, greetings

Ute Simon

May 11, 2009, 5:16:01 AM5/11/09

No, Office programs do not support the SVG file format. You can open the SVG
file in an image editing programm like Adobe Illustrator or Corel Draw and
save it as a WMF or EMF file. Those can be inserted in PowerPoint and can be
ungrouped to color single objects.

Best regards,
Ute

jacek...@gmail.com

May 14, 2015, 5:56:09 PM5/14/15
Microsoft Visio (at least 2010) supports SVG. Then you can just ,,copy-paste'' the graphic (or part of it) to PowerPoint. Remember to paste without the background.
However, sometimes, if the SVG is very complicated, Visio has problems with opening the file correctly (you see something similar to the oryginal SVG;).

Bests,
Jacek.

jacek...@gmail.com

May 14, 2015, 6:04:42 PM5/14/15
Of course, apart from MS Visio, Inkscape is also a very good solution: save the SVG as EMF. PowerPoint is able to import EMF. (But, again, if the SVG is complicated the result can be little / more ,,strange'').