flv how to insert in Power Point 2007?

dorcus

Dec 23, 2007, 8:50:01 AM12/23/07
How to insert flv in Power Piont presentation?

tohlz

Dec 23, 2007, 1:31:00 PM12/23/07
Do you have VLC Media Player? (It's free and can be downloaded from
http://www.videolan.org)

First, create a folder.
Move the presentation and flv video to the folder.
With the VLC Media Player installed, open PowerPoint.
You will need the control toolbox to be displayed.
Click Developer tab.
Under Controls, click on the icon "More Controls".
Scroll right to the bottom and look for VideoLAN VLC ActiveX Plugin (both v1
and v2 is fine).
Click Ok.
Now, right click on the control that has been added, select Properties.
This will bring up the properties dialog box.
Under MRL, enter the filename (e.g. abc.flv).
Once done, close the dialog box.
--
Shawn Toh (tohlz)
Microsoft MVP PowerPoint

Site Updated: Oct 20, 2007
(Amazing PowerPoint animations, artworks, games here)
http://pptheaven.mvps.org
PowerPoint Heaven - The Power to Animate

rgepa...@gmail.com

Jan 13, 2008, 3:39:27 PM1/13/08
On Dec 23 2007, 1:31 pm, tohlz <pptheaven[AT]gmail[DOT]com> wrote:
> Do you have VLC Media Player? (It's free and can be downloaded fromhttp://www.videolan.org)

> First, create a folder.
> Move the presentation and flv video to the folder.
> With the VLC Media Player installed, open PowerPoint.
> You will need the control toolbox to be displayed.
> Click Developer tab.
> Under Controls, click on the icon "More Controls".
> Scroll right to the bottom and look for VideoLAN VLC ActiveX Plugin (both v1
> and v2 is fine).
> Click Ok.
> Now, right click on the control that has been added, select Properties.
> This will bring up the properties dialog box.
> Under MRL, enter the filename (e.g. abc.flv).
> Once done, close the dialog box.
> --
> Shawn Toh (tohlz)
> Microsoft MVP PowerPoint
>
> Site Updated: Oct 20, 2007
> (Amazing PowerPoint animations, artworks, games here)http://pptheaven.mvps.org

> PowerPoint Heaven - The Power to Animate
>
> "dorcus" wrote:
> > How to insert flv in Power Piont presentation?

Thank you very much for a simple, clear explanation which got vlc
working for me in ppt. But it would be good to tell people that Office
2007 Powerpoint may not install with the Developer menu tab (for
control toolbox) displayed. It was a frustrating time before I
discovered I had to go to PowerPoint Options, Popular, and check the
Show Developer Tab in Ribbon box. (This is one more of many ways
Office 2007 has been annoying me).

LayKock

Nov 20, 2008, 3:45:01 AM11/20/08
One more point to add regarding the filename of the flv file.
If the full path for the directory/file is entered, the directory and
filename should not contain any space.
e.g. C:\Users\Recording\Desktop\Bb 8\sample.flv will not work cos there is a
space in the name of the directory 'Bb 8'.

C:\Users\Recording\Desktop\Bb8\sample.flv works.

Including the full path and filename will be easier for u to track where is
the flv file, esp. if it is stored in movable disk.

Regards,
Lay Kock :-)
Singapore

"rgepa...@gmail.com" wrote:

> On Dec 23 2007, 1:31 pm, tohlz <pptheaven[AT]gmail[DOT]com> wrote:
> > Do you have VLC Media Player? (It's free and can be downloaded fromhttp://www.videolan.org)
> >
> > First, create a folder.
> > Move the presentation and flv video to the folder.
> > With the VLC Media Player installed, open PowerPoint.
> > You will need the control toolbox to be displayed.
> > Click Developer tab.
> > Under Controls, click on the icon "More Controls".
> > Scroll right to the bottom and look for VideoLAN VLC ActiveX Plugin (both v1
> > and v2 is fine).
> > Click Ok.
> > Now, right click on the control that has been added, select Properties.
> > This will bring up the properties dialog box.
> > Under MRL, enter the filename (e.g. abc.flv).
> > Once done, close the dialog box.
> > --
> > Shawn Toh (tohlz)
> > Microsoft MVP PowerPoint
> >
> > Site Updated: Oct 20, 2007

> > (Amazing PowerPoint animations, artworks, games here)http://pptheaven.mvps..org

deluxe sushi

Jan 11, 2009, 11:46:22 AM1/11/09
Sorry I don't see the VideoLAN VLC ActiveX Plugin in the more control
box...... what shall i do?

Thanks.

Message has been deleted

bcad...@gmail.com

Feb 28, 2009, 5:53:52 PM2/28/09

deluxe sushi,
Just simple re-install your VideoLAN VLC and allow to install "ActiveX
Plugin".
Rgds,
JD

sarra...@gmail.com

Mar 5, 2009, 10:11:44 PM3/5/09
Here is an article can help you about how to put a FLV (YouTube video
included) onto PowerPoint with step-by-step instructions.
http://www.sameshow.com/ppt2flash/how-to-insert-flv-to-powerpoint.html#110

ADkine

Apr 15, 2010, 1:24:01 AM4/15/10

ADkine

Apr 15, 2010, 1:24:03 AM4/15/10
Thanks Tohlz, that's exactly what I needed!

cheerful...@gmail.com

Sep 28, 2015, 2:14:20 AM9/28/15
On Sunday, December 23, 2007 at 9:50:01 PM UTC+8, dorcus wrote:
> How to insert flv in Power Piont presentation?

To insert FLV to PowerPoint, one method is to convert FLV to PowerPoint more supported video format. Here is the easy guide at http://www.idealshare.net/video-converter/flv-to-powerpoint.html

cheerful...@gmail.com

Sep 28, 2015, 2:14:48 AM9/28/15

m.mo...@loretokk.ie

Sep 30, 2015, 6:40:26 PM9/30/15
On Sunday, December 23, 2007 at 1:50:01 PM UTC, dorcus wrote:
> How to insert flv in Power Piont presentation?

Download ShowRoom by GlobFX. Appears as a tab when you open Powerpoint and you just insert directly into slide. Can do MP4/swf/flv. IT's very easy.