Microsoft eMbedded Visual Basic Runtime

Hutch

Aug 23, 2003, 10:36:57 PM8/23/03
Hi- newbee here in PDA world. Using a HP 2215 w/ the new 2003 software, I
find I have about 3 programs that I installed that install normally but give
the same error message and cannot run (The application you have launched
requires Microsoft eMbedded Visual Basic Runtime to be installed). When I
follow the advice to tap to download the required files, it turns me loose
at a vague Microsoft site. The windows message is windows\evbruntime.htm.
Where can I get this needed item and how does it get installed? Tks Hutch

pxwtfdlrbmAThotmail

Aug 23, 2003, 10:49:00 PM8/23/03
Here you go...

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/resources/downloads/developer/eVB.mspx

just copy it to your PPC and click on it.

"Hutch" <thutc...@carolina.rr.com> wrote in message

Bruce Kappel

Sep 14, 2003, 9:45:29 AM9/14/03
>I had the same problem. how did you fix it.
thanks

>.

Don Sorcinelli

Sep 14, 2003, 11:39:49 AM9/14/03
Try -

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/resources/downloads/developer/evb.mspx

You can download and install the eVB Runtime for Windows Mobile 2003 from
there.
--
=============================
Don Sorcinelli
"Bruce Kappel" <bka...@optonline.net> wrote in message

othman

Sep 21, 2003, 11:57:39 PM9/21/03

well, just copy the cap file which is downloaded from microsoft site
into the ppc and apply it from ppc

that's it and you will be all set ready to go and enjoy your software
which is required eVB Runtime

regards.

Othman

--
othman
othman's Profile: http://www.ppczone.net/forum/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=276

Bill

Sep 23, 2003, 11:23:34 AM9/23/03
Download one (or both) of my PPC program DEMOs and you will get the eVB
Runtimes ;-)

www.stewartcomputer.com/GotTaGo or www.stewartcomputer.com/Heart

BTW, pockergamer.org said "There are some bizarre programs out there for the
Pocket PC, but GotTaGo must surely count as one of the strangest." LOL!

Bill

"othman" <othman...@timelimit.yourserver.com> wrote in message

Beverly Howard [Ms-MVP/MobileDev]

Sep 23, 2003, 12:47:00 PM9/23/03
copy the cab file to your ppc, find the cab using pfile explorer, and tap it

Beverly Howard

Note; The contents of my postings and responses here represent my
personal opinions and do not necessarily reflect the views, thoughts or
feelings of Microsoft or any of its employees.

I am not an employee of Microsoft. I visit and post here because I
(generally ;-) enjoy the experience and learn a lot by participating here.

More info on the MVP program at http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/

solardell

Oct 19, 2003, 1:31:04 AM10/19/03

I don't get it. I downloaded the files all 38 of them from the
Microsoft web site. Then moved them to my PPC. I did not see any file
that was a CAB and tapped them all. Still when I try to run the app I
get the message "app requires MS eMbedded Visual Basic Runtime.

Device
Dell Axim X 5 PPC 2003 and active sync 3.7

--
solardell
solardell's Profile: http://www.ppczone.net/forum/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=337

Fernando

Jun 17, 2004, 2:24:30 PM6/17/04

Hi there,

I had the same problem as Hutch, based on your comments I dived into

http://tinyurl.com/24mwb

and got a "msvppc.armv4" zip file, but there is no way to click on it.

Opened with "winzip", I founded 38 archives, tried to click on everyone
and...nothing.

?????

--
Fernando

Fernando Zelada B.
Fernando's Profile: http://www.ppczone.net/forum/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=770
View this thread: http://www.ppczone.net/forum/showthread.php?threadid=3353

Robert Levy [MS]

Jun 17, 2004, 4:04:27 PM6/17/04
That is actually a .CAB file. Copy it to your device and open it from there
to complete the installation.

However, please note that eVB applications are unlikely to run under the
next version of Windows Mobile. It is strongly advised that developers
planning to target future devices migrate applications to the .NET Compact
Framework.

More info on .NET CF can be found at:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/mobility/prodtechinfo/devtools/netcf/

A whitepaper on moving from eVB to VB.NET can be found at:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnppc2k3/html/fromemb.asp

--
Robert Levy
http://blogs.msdn.com/WindowsMobile

dale...@yahoo.com

Sep 27, 2004, 2:59:29 PM9/27/04
I have also seen the described error message. However loading the vb
runtime is only a temporary fix. For some reason, even though it's
already loaded, once in a while I get the error message. If I load the
vb runtime on top of the old install, then the error message goes away.
I haven't done anything obvious like cold boot. Also going through
the PPC settings to the "remove programs" applet will show that the vb
runtime is actually already installed.

I have been taking VB programs using Active X and updating the Active X
control to a newer version. Then dragging the resultant .vb file to
the PPC 2003 device and testing.

That's it.

-Joel

Robert Levy [MS]

Sep 27, 2004, 3:17:43 PM9/27/04
It's been a while but I seem to recall that there is a problem with eVB
where if you uninstall an app that uses eVB, other apps using it that are
still on the device may be broken.

--
Robert Levy
Program Manager
Mobile Devices Product Group
http://blogs.msdn.com/windowsmobile

rights.

Pete Vickers [eMVP]

Sep 28, 2004, 4:48:47 AM9/28/04
Hi Robert,
you recall correctly - the fix is at
http://www.devbuzz.com/content/vbregfix_pg1.asp

Pete

--
Pete Vickers
Microsoft Windows Embedded MVP

Do have an opinion on the effectiveness of Microsoft Windows Mobile and
Embedded newsgroups? Let us know!
https://www.windowsembeddedeval.com/community/newsgroups
"Robert Levy [MS]" <rl...@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message