TCPMP 0.70 released - no more AAC-support

s|b

Nov 18, 2005, 1:43:27 PM11/18/05
Always nice to install a new version of a program. Except when you've
just replaced all your MP3-files with MP4, only to see this message
appear in the new version:

"AAC removed from official binaries because of intellectual property
considerations"

Great, now I can downgrade to 0.66 again... (Or is there another
_free_ option out there?)

--
HP iPAQ h2210 | Brando Workshop Protector Plus | HP Leather Belt Case | Kingston CF 1 GiB |
SanDisk CF 256 MiB | Sandisk SD 1 GiB | D-Link DBT-120

Message has been deleted

s|b

Nov 18, 2005, 2:06:00 PM11/18/05
On Fri, 18 Nov 2005 18:50:05 +0000, torgamm wrote:

> > (Or is there another _free_ option out there?)
>

> http://www.rarewares.org/files/aac/tcpmp_aac_plugin.windows_mobile.0.66.zip

Thanks, but will this work with 0.70 as well?

(It's weird to see a plugin for 0.66, because you don't need to
install an additional plugin to play AAC/MP4 with 0.66.)

Message has been deleted

s|b

Nov 18, 2005, 3:41:03 PM11/18/05
On Fri, 18 Nov 2005 19:37:50 +0000, torgamm wrote:

> >Thanks, but will this work with 0.70 as well?

> Yes. I tried it. I got this information here :
> http://msmobiles.com/news.php/4555.html

I installed the plugin and, as predicted, it works! Thanks again for
this great tip, torgamm.

Tony A.

Nov 18, 2005, 7:01:56 PM11/18/05
s|b wrote:
> On Fri, 18 Nov 2005 19:37:50 +0000, torgamm wrote:
>
>>> Thanks, but will this work with 0.70 as well?
>
>> Yes. I tried it. I got this information here :
>> http://msmobiles.com/news.php/4555.html
>
> I installed the plugin and, as predicted, it works! Thanks again for
> this great tip, torgamm.

Heh, I ripped my latest couple of CDs to AAC, but I think I just
became a convert to vorbis. It sounds at least as good as AAC at
mid-to-high bitrates anyway, and no looming IP issues.

s|b

Nov 26, 2005, 6:34:59 AM11/26/05
On Fri, 18 Nov 2005 18:50:05 +0000, torgamm wrote:

> http://www.rarewares.org/files/aac/tcpmp_aac_plugin.windows_mobile.0.66.zip

And thanks again, torgamm, because this plugin seems to work with
version 0.71 as well!