Re: Internal error 2356. activesync.cab

Message has been deleted

fermina acelga

Mar 6, 2008, 7:13:04 AM3/6/08
Thanks Ed,

the message is in my pc. i've unistalled and reinstalled several times
activesync and triyng several versions. I was decided to unistall microsoft
outlook, but by miracle this morning i could connect. Now i am reinstalling
all programs in my pocket pc, but i am afraid this happend again in a cople
of days. By the way what is a ".cab" file?
Thanks,
Cristina

"Ed Hansberry, MS-MVP/Mobile Devices" wrote:

> fermina acelga <ace...@hotmail.com.(donotspam)> wrote:
>
> >i get this message while trying to sinc my pocket pc with my computer. Does
> >anyone know any solution.
> >
> >thanks,
> >Cristina
>
> If that is on your PC, you should reinstall ActiveSync, or
> uninstall, reboot, and reinstall. The files in activesync.cab are
> missing or corrupt it seems.
>
> If that is on your device (which would be strange given the
> activeSync.cab filename) then have you tried a soft reset?
> --
> Ed Hansberry (Please do *NOT* email me. Post here for the benefit of all)
> What is on my Pocket PC? http://www.ehansberry.com/
> Microsoft MVP - Mobile Devices www.pocketpc.com
> What is an MVP? - http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/

Message has been deleted

fermina acelga

Mar 10, 2008, 3:10:02 PM3/10/08
Thanks Ed, now it seems is working, but not always. i'm thinking in unistall
microsoft outlook, do yo think could be related or it is not necesary.

thanks,
Cristina

"Ed Hansberry, MS-MVP/Mobile Devices" wrote:

> fermina acelga <ace...@hotmail.com.(donotspam)> wrote:
>
> >Thanks Ed,
> >
> >the message is in my pc. i've unistalled and reinstalled several times
> >activesync and triyng several versions. I was decided to unistall microsoft
> >outlook, but by miracle this morning i could connect. Now i am reinstalling
> >all programs in my pocket pc, but i am afraid this happend again in a cople
> >of days. By the way what is a ".cab" file?
> >Thanks,
> >Cristina
>

> It is short for "Cabinet File" and is just a different type of
> compressed file that contains many other files that get expanded
> during an installation. Both the PC and PPC can use them, but the
> name you had made no sense on the Pocket PC as AS cannot be
> installed there - it is in ROM, so that is why I suspected this
> was a PC error.

Message has been deleted