Cannot verify the version of ActiveSync on your device

Faaberg

May 9, 2007, 3:38:16 AM5/9/07
Hi.

I'm a developer and use several devices. WM5, CE 5.0, PPC 2003.
Last week Activesync 4.5 refused to operate properly, and coughed up the
error

"Cannot verify the version of ActiveSync on your device. A program such
as a firewall may be blocking a port ActiveSync uses to connect to the
device, or you may need to upgrade to a more recent version od
ActiveSync on the PC"

It then continues to connect as Guest.
If I explore the device, it just shows a blank window.

This happens with at least 4 devices I have tried.
Two CE 5.0, one PPC2003 and one WM5.

Same behavior with Activesync 4.2.

I have disabled the Windows firewall, and have no other firewalls installed.

I have seen several others complain of the same problem.
After following some suggestions, I have installed AS 3.8 instead of AS
4.5, and the older devices functions as they should here. But that
leaves me stranded with WM5.

I have also tested ActiveSync and these devices on som other machines
here at work. The result of these tests seem very strange to me.

AS fail on mine and to other laptops. All three are Centrino machines.
To dell latitudes and one Thinkpad R60. The Thinkpad is a newer machine,
and the only one with a Core Dua CPU.

AS works like a charm on two Dell desktop machines.

Could there really be a problem with AS on laptops. One that showed up
suddenly sometime late April or early may? Seems very unlikely to me,
but thought I might as well mention this strange coincident.

I am at my wits end here. Any suggestions or solutions anyone can give
me would be greatly appreciated

Thanks,
Bjørn

Chris De Herrera

May 14, 2007, 2:25:17 PM5/14/07
On the device there is only the version that shipped with it. There is no
option to upgrade it.

As for the desktop, what device has this issue? Did you disable any
services on the PC?

--
Chris De Herrera
http://www.pocketpcfaq.com

Windows Mobile Device Center FAQs -
http://www.pocketpcfaq.com/faqs/wmdc/index.htm
ActiveSync Troubleshooting Guide -
http://www.pocketpcfaq.com/faqs/t-shootactivesync.htm

"Faaberg" <faa...@online.no> wrote in message

michaeljoseph

Jun 1, 2007, 9:52:29 AM6/1/07
Have you found the solution yet??

http://www.eggheadcafe.com

pavol...@gmail.com

Jun 28, 2007, 3:30:46 PM6/28/07

Michael Joseph napísal(a):

> Have you found the solution yet??

> http://www.eggheadcafe.com

Try uninstalling Microsoft update KB933566. It helped me.