ActiveSync support/Error code 85010014

jafatherheart

Oct 8, 2009, 6:26:02 PM10/8/09
Hello friends,
I used to be able to sync my mobile phone to my dell laptop but since i have
upgraded to the latest version of windows i have hit a problem.

I have tried to sync my orange E650 phone to my computer and it nearly does
it but
then eventually it flags an error code.
"ActiveSync encountered a problem on the desktop.
Support code: 85010014."

I have Windows Mobile 6 standard on the phone and i have uninstalled and
again installed ActiveSync 4.5 on the laptop and in Microsoft office outlook
2003 i have tried detect and repair which seems to work ok but when trying to
sync, it again comes up with the same support code.

Can you please help as i have limited understanding of what to do next.

Thank you.

chris

Todd Allcock

Oct 8, 2009, 9:38:09 PM10/8/09
If, in the connection settings, there's an option for USB-to-PC, select it
and uncheck the "Enable Advanced Network Functionality" box, and then try
syncing again.

"jafatherheart" <jafath...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

jafatherheart

Oct 10, 2009, 6:55:01 AM10/10/09
I looked at the connection settings and it was set to 'allow USB connections'
and 'This computer is connected to the internet ' rather than to 'work
network'
I turned off the firewall and tried again but same error code.
chris

jafatherheart

Oct 10, 2009, 11:32:02 AM10/10/09
Hi Todd,
tried creating a new windows user log in and then syncing and it worked but
does not on my normal windows log in.
chris

Todd Allcock

Oct 10, 2009, 6:52:51 PM10/10/09
I meant the connection settings on the phone, not the computer. There
should be an entry called "USB-to-PC."

jafatherheart

Oct 11, 2009, 1:27:01 PM10/11/09
Hi Todd,
Sorry about that, as i said i am a beginner, but keen.
OK i found that and unchecked the "Enable Advanced Network Functionality"
box and tried Syncing again but it quickly came back with the same error code.
I am eager to find the answer so thank you for your help.
chris

jafatherheart

Oct 12, 2009, 5:56:07 PM10/12/09
I would like to create a new windows user login and copy all my files etc
from my old windows user login. i have windows xp (home edition) installed
and i wonder which is the best way to get the good files across but not the
source of the active sync error.

Todd Allcock

Oct 13, 2009, 11:39:54 PM10/13/09
Did you change anything else when you upgraded XP? Like add new firewall
software?

The 85010014 error is sometimes related to networking. You might
temporarily disable any firewall and try syncing again.

l3io}{@Z@RD

Jan 16, 2010, 9:54:01 PM1/16/10
hey you two to solve this problem what i did was delete all devices in
sync then uninstalled it. then i went and downloaded a new copy and
reinstalled it and this took care of the problem i had completely i was not
able to connect and sync my phone either and this worked if you have anymore
questions feel free to email me at bioi...@gmail.com. peace

SluggerCity1B

Jan 21, 2010, 7:51:02 PM1/21/10
yup, biohazard's fix worked for me...Thanks!