COMAdminCatalog : ERROR -2146368511 / 0x80110401

Jacques Bourgeois

Oct 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/24/00

I managed to run the EventMonitor sample from the Microsoft Platform SDK to
be found under "Microsoft Platform
SDK\Samples\Com\Services\Events\EventMonitor". I copied the wraper class
from "Adminwrap.h, cpp" to my own test project, a MFC dialog based
application, and tried to register a COM+ Event Class:

Calling the COM+ Catalog method InstallEventClass, with exactly the same
parameters as in the sample, i always get following error:
-2146368511 / 0x80110401 Errors occurred accessing one or more
objects - the ErrorInfo collection may have more detail

Do have anybody an idea what's is going wrong ?

Thanks for your help and best regards,
Jacques Bourgeois
ESEC
j...@esec.com

P.S.
My current job: replace the registration of our COM+ Applications with
persistent subscriptions using the COM+ Component Services with software
controlled registration using ICOMAdminCatalog and transient subscriptions.

Girish Bharadwaj

Oct 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/25/00

I had to ask.. Did you try getting the ErrorInfo class and checking the
errors?

--
Girish Bharadwaj
"Jacques Bourgeois" <j...@esec.com> wrote in message