Error on startup

Lu Powell

Jun 29, 2002, 11:20:21 AM6/29/02
I'm running Picture It! Photo 2002 on a Win98SE desktop. On startup of the
program, I get a message box error twice:

"The catalog database has become corrupt. Please reinstall the following
applications to restore the database:
"Microsoft Picture It Photo 2002."

I did a complete uninstall, including cleaning up the registry after the
uninstall program said it was done. Reinstalling had no effect. The same
message appears twice.

The program seems to be working, though I haven't tried all its features
yet.

TIA

NIC Student

Jun 29, 2002, 1:35:34 PM6/29/02

"Lu Powell" > I'm running Picture It! Photo 2002 on a Win98SE desktop. On

startup of the
> program, I get a message box error twice:
> "The catalog database has become corrupt. Please reinstall the
following
> applications to restore the database:
> "Microsoft Picture It Photo 2002."
=============
Try uninstalling, then delete the folder C:\program files\common files\MS
shared\shoebox. Reinstall with your ainti-virus program turned off.

--
Scott Baldridge
"NIC Student"

Lu Powell

Jun 29, 2002, 1:44:39 PM6/29/02
Thanks. I'll give it a try.

"NIC Student" <nos...@nospam.land> wrote in message

Lu Powell

Jun 29, 2002, 2:29:20 PM6/29/02
That didn't work either. Uninstall on my computer removed the shoebox
folder. Re-install has original problem.

"Lu Powell" <xxxlu...@attbi.com> wrote in message

NIC Student

Jun 29, 2002, 3:02:11 PM6/29/02

> That didn't work either. Uninstall on my computer removed the shoebox
folder. Re-install has original problem.
======================

Hmmm, lets try the follow from KB article Q284951:

Rename the User.sbc File
A corrupted User.sbc file may be causing this error. Renaming the file
forces Picture It! to recreate a new one. To rename this file, follow these
steps:
1.. Click Start , point to Find , and then click Files or Folders .

2.. In the Named line, type user.sbc .

3.. In the Look In line, select My Computer , and verify the Include
Subfolders option is selected.

4.. Click Find Now .

5.. Right-click User.sbc , and then click Rename .

6.. Type user.old , and then press ENTER to save the name.

7.. Exit the find program, and try Picture It! again.

NIC Student

Jun 29, 2002, 3:12:54 PM6/29/02
Re: That didn't work either. Uninstall on my computer removed the shoebox

folder. Re-install has original problem.

=========

Are you sure the uninstall procedure removed the Shoebox folder? Uninstall
and search for it, there are two of them. Once uninstalled, you can delete
the Picture it folder and the shoebox folder in c:\program files\common
files\ms shared.

Lu Powell

Jun 29, 2002, 3:14:38 PM6/29/02
That did it. Apparently, the user.sbc file installed by the setup program
was the culprit.

You are the man, Scott!....Thanks

"NIC Student" <nos...@nospam.land> wrote in message

NIC Student

Jun 29, 2002, 4:15:29 PM6/29/02

"Lu Powell" > That did it. Apparently, the user.sbc file installed by the

setup program was the culprit. You are the man, Scott!....Thanks

Good work, Lu!