An unknown error has occurred. Protocol: SMTP, Port: 0, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x80004005

RP

Aug 21, 2011, 3:51:53 PM8/21/11
Here's a quick question...

When I hit "send and receive"...I get the status window as it checks all my
accounts.

But when done, I am left with this error message (about 4 times):

An unknown error has occurred. Protocol: SMTP, Port: 0, Secure(SSL): No,
Error Number: 0x80004005

Now, All of the mail accounts appear to clear...each email account has a
checkmark next to it (not an "X".).

So, it seems to work alright...just wodering what the error messages are
for...and why they keep appearing.

Thanks!

Bruce Hagen

Aug 21, 2011, 4:17:08 PM8/21/11

"RP" <rpa...@NOSPAMmailandnews.com> wrote in message

Is that the complete error message? Check in Tools | Accounts. Is there an
account there that you are not using? This is a POP3 account error and not
account uses port 0 for SMTP.
--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP Oct. 1, 2004 ~ Sept. 30, 2010

RP

Aug 21, 2011, 4:30:38 PM8/21/11

"Bruce Hagen" <B...@nospam.invalid> wrote in message

Bruce,

Yes, this is the complete error message (as I said, it repeats 3 or 4 times
before it executes the 'tasks'.

I can see from the progress window that all the "tasks" have completed
sucessfully.

There are some 'accounts' that are listed that I do not use (i.e..have not
checked the "include this account when sending/receiving/synchronizing".)
SO they are not on the task list when I hit send/receive.

Bruce Hagen

Aug 21, 2011, 4:47:54 PM8/21/11

"RP" <rpa...@NOSPAMmailandnews.com> wrote in message

Are these all POP3 accounts? I would suggest trying two things.

1: Close all other programs and then temporarily shut off your anti-virus
and then send a test message to yourself. Any difference?

2: If that didn't help, set up a new identity and test it with one account
and keep adding the accounts and testing as you go until and if the
problem arises. If You get all the accounts set up and working without the
error message, import your messages and address book and use the new
identity.