Folder could not be displayed low memory - low disk space - help

Richardnz59

Nov 16, 2005, 11:48:04 PM11/16/05
how do I fox these and get to my local folders

Bruce Hagen

Nov 16, 2005, 11:52:45 PM11/16/05
Click on Outlook Express at the top of the folder tree so no folders are
open. Then: File>Work Offline (or double click Working Online in the Status
Bar).
File>Folder>Compact all folders. Don't touch anything until the compacting
is completed.

If this does not fix it, make a post with more information.
--
Bruce Hagen
MS MVP - Outlook Express

"Richardnz59" <Richa...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Richardnz59

Nov 17, 2005, 12:59:05 AM11/17/05
still comes up

Folder could not be displayed
Outlook Express could not open this folder.

Possible causes are:

Low disk space.

Low memory.

Bruce Hagen

Nov 17, 2005, 10:06:33 AM11/17/05
Which folder is it? Can you give a little more detail? You can try this:

You may have a damaged identity. File | Identity | Add New Identity. Create
a new one and test it. If all is well, you can import your messages from the
old identity and delete it.

--
Bruce Hagen
MS MVP - Outlook Express
~IB-CA~

"Richardnz59" <Richa...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Steve Cochran

Nov 17, 2005, 11:41:47 AM11/17/05
Hi Bruce,

I have a bit of concern when a user does this with corrupt dbx files. Very
often the messages may be there (DBXtract will extract them), but if OE
finds that the folder is corrupt, then it may wipe out the messages in the
file to "fix" it, so those messages will be gone during such a compaction.

So it might be a good idea to backup the directory prior to compacting it in
OE. I personally always backup prior to doing a compact all.

cheers,

steve

"Bruce Hagen" <Nos...@mymail.invalid> wrote in message