Outlook Express reports an error but no error details shown

_george

Jul 12, 2006, 7:39:57 PM7/12/06
Hi all
When sending emails using outlook express, Outlook reports:
"Some Errors occurred while processing the requested tasks. Please review
the list of errors below for more details"
When clicking on details there is no details in the errors tab, so I can't
get any indication of what the error is
In the end, the emails are being sent successfully

Any ideas what is happening here?

George

DGuess

Jul 12, 2006, 7:57:00 PM7/12/06
Could be numerous items.

Two things I'd look at are the Sent Items and Outbox DBX files.

Create a new folder in OE and name it Old Sent
Move all the mail from the Sent Items to the Old Sent folder.

Tools | Options | Maintenance tab
Press the Store Folders button and note the location of the message stores
(DBX files)

Close OE

Open Windows Explorer

If you haven't already done this part to make the DBX file visible from
their hidden default:
Tools | Folder Options | Views tab
Select "Show all files"
Uncehck "Hide file extensions for known file types"
Click Apply then OK

Now, go to the folder you found in the Store Folders dialog.
Delete the Outbox.dbx and the Sent Items.dbx files.

Restart OE and send a test message to see it if cures it.

"_george" <_ge...@george.george> wrote in message

Michael Santovec

Jul 13, 2006, 5:07:47 PM7/13/06
OLEXP: ErrMsg The Message Could Not Be Sent An Error Has Occurred
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=179503
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=177884
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=190296
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=299467

kor...@earthlink.net

May 12, 2015, 3:23:19 PM5/12/15
Thank you for your solution DGuess. I was able to fix a customer email based on your input.