Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

Lina

Jan 4, 2010, 9:03:39 AM1/4/10
Respected,
I need your help. I cant find answer from my gmail account settings searching the provided error in subject area. The problem I have is that I can't send e-mails through my Outlook Express 2003 but I can receive them. Anny suggestions? Thank you in advance.

---
frmsrcurl: http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.outlookexpress.general/

PA Bear [MS MVP]

Jan 4, 2010, 9:57:51 AM1/4/10
Here's two suggestions:

1. Post the complete error message.

2. Setting up Outlook Express to access Microsoft newsgroups

Lina

Jan 4, 2010, 10:16:36 AM1/4/10
This is error message: The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'imap.gmail.com', Server: 'smtp.gmail.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 485, Secure(SSL): Yes, Socket Error: 10061, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

Thank you!

---
frmsrcurl: http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.outlookexpress.general/Error-Number-0x800CCC0E

Bruce Hagen

Jan 4, 2010, 10:36:23 AM1/4/10
Error message: Account: 'imap.gmail.com'

When using OE to access, it should be: Account: pop.gmail.com

Review *everything* at these links.

1: Enabling POP in your Gmail account:
http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=13273

2: Configuring your email client for Gmail: Outlook Express and Outlook
2002:
http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=13276&topic=1556

Set up your Outlook Express client to work with Gmail:
http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=76147
--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP [Mail]

"Lina" <us...@msgroups.net/> wrote in message

Lina

Jan 4, 2010, 11:11:04 AM1/4/10
Mr. Bruce Hagen,

Thank you very much. I solve my problem. Happy New Year:)

---
frmsrcurl: http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.outlookexpress.general/Error-Number-0x800CCC0E

N. Miller

Jan 4, 2010, 11:21:42 AM1/4/10
On Mon, 4 Jan 2010 07:36:23 -0800, Bruce Hagen wrote:

> When using OE to access, it should be: Account: pop.gmail.com

Really? I've always accessed Gmail using 'imap.gmail.com'. Definitely works.

--
Norman
~Oh Lord, why have you come

N. Miller

Jan 4, 2010, 11:22:38 AM1/4/10

On Mon, 04 Jan 2010 07:16:36 -0800, Lina wrote:

> This is error message: The connection to the server has failed.
> Account: 'imap.gmail.com', Server: 'smtp.gmail.com', Protocol: SMTP,
> Port: 485, Secure(SSL): Yes, Socket Error: 10061,
> Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

According to Gmail, you should be using port 465, not port 485.

Peter Foldes

Jan 4, 2010, 11:30:05 AM1/4/10
Norman

Look carefully at the error message that Lina posted. She had smtp.gmail.com and yet
for incoming she had imap.gmail.com in OE where imap will not work and pop3 will

--
Peter

"N. Miller" <anon...@msnews.aosake.net> wrote in message

Bruce Hagen

Jan 4, 2010, 11:30:14 AM1/4/10

"N. Miller" <anon...@msnews.aosake.net> wrote in message

Whadda I know. Just reading the instructions. <wink> OP says it's fixed,
but not what the solution was.

N. Miller

Jan 4, 2010, 5:04:00 PM1/4/10
On Mon, 4 Jan 2010 11:30:05 -0500, Peter Foldes wrote:

> Look carefully at the error message that Lina posted. She had smtp.gmail.com and yet
> for incoming she had imap.gmail.com in OE where imap will not work and pop3 will

Read the threads one more time, and tell me where I went wrong. I was
responding to Bruce Hagen's comments about Gmail and IMAP, not to the OP!
:p