Internal error occurred in phone dialer????

FN

Mar 28, 2001, 3:05:06 PM3/28/01
I have Outlook 2000 with office sr1a applied and office sp2 applied. I'm
using w2k, with no service packs (sp1 causes problems for me). I used to
be able to dial contacts through my external serial modem, but every time I
try now (open the contact, click the autodialer phone icon, and then click
'dial' to start a new call), I get this error:

"An internal error occurred in the automatic phone dialer. Close the Dial
Phone dialog box and then open it again."

Well there is no Dial Phone dialog box, but nonetheless I've tried closing
all windows and reopening, but with no success. I've reinstalled my whole
system many times with no luck. I've searched Microsoft but can't find
this error. What now?

The modem tests good and works fine from other apps.

FN

Mar 28, 2001, 7:47:38 PM3/28/01
I figured out that, for some reason, you have to manually select your modem
from a weird named pull-down in the dialing options window before you call.

"FN" <newsgrou...@DELETECAPSyahoo.com> wrote in message