Re: PRO11.MSI

David H. Lipman

Nov 27, 2009, 6:25:36 AM11/27/09
From: "Mike Row Soft" <MikeR...@discussions.microsoft.com>

| When I double-click an Excel attachment to an Outlook email, a window pops up
| and it cannot find PRO11.MSI, then error 1706, then Excel won't open. I have
| lost the installation CD-ROMs.

Since when is Excel a part of MS Outlook ?

--
Dave

Mike Row Soft

Nov 27, 2009, 10:16:01 AM11/27/09
I have no problem with Excel. I only have a problem with Excel attachments
to Outlook emails.

I got the missing file and browsed to it. Now a new error message pops up
saying that I'm missing I got the missing file and browsed to it. Now a new
error message pops up saying that I'm missing E2561410.CAB.

"David H. Lipman" wrote:

> .

Gordon

Nov 27, 2009, 10:26:07 AM11/27/09

"Mike Row Soft" <MikeR...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> I have no problem with Excel. I only have a problem with Excel
> attachments
> to Outlook emails.
>
> I got the missing file and browsed to it. Now a new error message pops up
> saying that I'm missing I got the missing file and browsed to it. Now a
> new
> error message pops up saying that I'm missing E2561410.CAB.

You've tried a Repair of Office?

Diane Poremsky [MVP]

Nov 27, 2009, 11:08:45 AM11/27/09
Try detect and repair. That shouldn't require a CD.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:
mailto:dailytips-sub...@lists.outlooktips.net

mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-S...@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM

"Mike Row Soft" <MikeR...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Roady [MVP]

Nov 27, 2009, 4:56:43 PM11/27/09
His Detect and Repair appears to be broken as well according to his post
from yesterday.

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

http://www.msoutlook.info/

-----

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" <outlo...@msn.com> wrote in message

Roady [MVP]

Nov 27, 2009, 4:57:40 PM11/27/09
I'm not sure if Microsoft still offers replacement disks for Office 2003. In
case they don't, check with friends if you can borrow their installation
media. If they have the Professional suite as well, you can use your own
license to reinstall it.