Is there an Outlook 2003 Issue. I have problems! hit send/receive I get an error message

Virus magnet

Aug 28, 2004, 5:20:18 AM8/28/04
I have installed unistalled and installed again Microsoft Office Pro
2003. I still get the same problem. I have searched my machine with
quite a few of the the Spyware programs, Ad-Aware and I have a 'paid'
for virus protection program Trend/Micro. Noe of these throw up a
problem I can deal with.

XP PRo is the OS.

I open Outlook and as soon as I hit send/receive I get an error
message, closing down, save any files, report to MS.

I do this the error reappears, I close down outlook, the error
reappears and round and round we go.

I cannot get into Outlook as the error message freezes access.

a *.cvr file is referred to in the report. This information is within
that folder!

*** Starting First Run (08-28-2004 09:23:55) ***
...HrPreSplashFirstRun called.
...HrPreLogFirstRun called.
...HrPostLogFirstRun called.
..... FCheckFirstRunStatus failed reading machine value "17019"!
...deleting WAB4/UseOutlook because we're using MAPI.
...writing UUID to HKCU.
...setting Primary Client to Outlook.
*** Ending First Run (08-28-2004 09:24:17) ***

The above is from one of the hidden files. The error message to MS is
yards long.

From Dr. Watson Log File 'XXXX' is my name erased! Part of file which
I believe refers to the problem

Application exception occurred:
App: E:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~1\Office\OUTLOOK.EXE (pid=2728)
When: 6/14/2004 @ 16:45:57.531
Exception number: c0000005 (access violation)

IS THIS SOMETHING A NON TECHIE CAN PUT RIGHT?

THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE

*----> System Information <----*
Computer Name: HOME
User Name: XXXX
Terminal Session Id: 0
Number of Processors: 1
Processor Type: x86 Family 15 Model 2 Stepping 9
Windows Version: 5.1
Current Build: 2600
Service Pack: 1
Current Type: Uniprocessor Free
Registered Organization:
Registered Owner: XXXX

Thomas Quester

Aug 29, 2004, 3:54:12 AM8/29/04
What error message do you get?
Try to check your PST file with scanpst (found on your hard disk in program
files\common files\system\mapi\1031 or similar) and let it repair your pst
file if nessary.
Try to create a new mail profile in control panel mail
Try to disable add-ins (if outlook does not start in regedit:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Exchange\Client\Extensions, first
export to a file so you can go back, then delete the entries. Afterwards
find extend.dat and delete or rename the file.

Thomas Quester
www.outlookfolders.de

"Virus magnet" <spam...@spam.com> wrote in message

Virus magnet

Aug 29, 2004, 6:09:38 AM8/29/04
Outlook is closing down due to an error (or soemthing lkike that)

Report to Microsoft. THis I did.

Application exception

Access violation. I looked up this and it says the problem is doe to a
program trying access memory that it should not try to access

Virus magnet

Aug 29, 2004, 6:32:37 AM8/29/04
1. I am concerned about fiddling with the registry. the registry
address you suggested when I go to it as described the delete
instruction you give it lead to five items being deleted
default
exhange extension
fax extensions
remote exchange extensions
server scripting.

I have tried mail profile.... no joy in fiddling with that. What would
I change ? Not the settings . They are fixed, server e-mail adfresses
etc.

Starting Outlook in Regedit! I am sorry I do not understand. new
ground for me.

I appreciate your patience I hope I do not stretch it too far.

Virus magnet

Aug 29, 2004, 10:51:25 AM8/29/04

I have tried everything.... nothing makes a difference.

On Sat, 28 Aug 2004 09:20:18 +0000 (UTC), Virus magnet

Brian Tillman

Aug 30, 2004, 3:03:35 PM8/30/04
Virus magnet <spam...@spam.com> wrote:

> Starting Outlook in Regedit! I am sorry I do not understand. new
> ground for me.

Missing comma. It should be "if Outlook does not start, in Regedit..."
Usually you can disable extensions in Outlook, but if Outlook won't start,
you have to use Regedit to locate the key
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Exchange\Client\Extensions and export
it to a file, then delete it.
--
Brian Tillman

Virus magnet

Aug 31, 2004, 1:48:18 PM8/31/04
Thank you for clearing that up.

In fact I can start Outlook, get it on the scree, then that wretched
error notice of Outlook being closed down, report it to MS pops up.
Ypu clear that and it pops again and on, and on, and on ad nauseum.