Access Outlook Add-in for Data Collection & Publishing won't load

Steve

Oct 12, 2008, 1:34:00 AM10/12/08
I am trying to utilize the Collect Data via e-mail function and keep
receiving the following error:

"The Microsoft Office Access Outlook Add-in is disabled in Microsoft Office
Outlook 2007. To collect data by using e-mail messages in Microsoft Access
2007, verify that this add-in is installed and enabled from within Office
Outlook 2007."

I have tried to remediate via the Trust Center/Add-in area in Outlook and
don't see
an add-in for Access (even though the error message says it is "disabled"
it is nowhere to be found). I have tried to add it (I believe it is the
ACCOLK.DLL) with no success - it simply won't load.

Other than this my Office 2007 system runs very well. I have uninstalled
and reinstalled the individual programs and the entire Enterprise Suite to no
avail.

Can someone assist me?

Thank you,

Steve

Judy Gleeson (MVP Outlook)

Oct 13, 2008, 7:00:50 AM10/13/08
Uninstalling rarely fixes problems. Have you tried running Office
Diagnostics?

Try Googling the error message you see.

Regards

Judy Gleeson
MVP Outlook

www.judygleeson.com
www.deskdoctors.com
Want to be more productive? Outlook 2003 user? Read "7 settings all Outlook
2003 users should change" at www.pragmatix.com.au

"Steve" <St...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Steve

Oct 13, 2008, 7:50:01 AM10/13/08
Judy,

Thank you for the suggestion.

I did already try finding the information via the web (at length). I was
hoping to find some assistance via this site.

Steve

Nikki Peterson

Oct 13, 2008, 11:07:22 AM10/13/08
Steve,

You may want to ask this question in one of the developer groups.
They work with this add-in more frequently than the average user.
Try asking in:
microsoft.publix.outlook.program_addins

Nikki

"Steve" <St...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Steve

Oct 13, 2008, 11:15:01 AM10/13/08
Thanks for the suggestion Nikki! I will post here what I find out.

Steve

Nikki Peterson

Oct 13, 2008, 11:21:15 AM10/13/08
I will keep an eye out for your solution.

Nikki

"Steve" <St...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Ken Slovak - [MVP - Outlook]

Oct 13, 2008, 4:02:43 PM10/13/08
Most of the devs I know have that addin disabled because it usually fires
errors and causes problems.

--
Ken Slovak
[MVP - Outlook]
Author: Professional Programming Outlook 2007.
http://www.slovaktech.com/products.htm

"Nikki Peterson" <SkippyL...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Nikki Peterson

Oct 13, 2008, 5:21:51 PM10/13/08
Is there an addin that you would suggest as a replacement?

Nikki

"Ken Slovak - [MVP - Outlook]" <kens...@mvps.org> wrote in message

Ken Slovak - [MVP - Outlook]

Oct 13, 2008, 5:29:30 PM10/13/08
No, I'm not familiar with that area, but if there is one it'll be listed
somewhere in the Utilities pages at www.slipstick.com.

--
Ken Slovak
[MVP - Outlook]
Author: Professional Programming Outlook 2007.
http://www.slovaktech.com/products.htm

"Nikki Peterson" <SkippyL...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

JHLMC.com

Sep 3, 2009, 10:46:01 PM9/3/09
1. You *do* need to enable the Trust Center/Add-in for data collection.
2. Your default email must be "Exchange / POP3 and IMAP. If Outlook Live
Connector is installed, ensure that it is not the default mail account."

We got 1 out of 3 Outlook profiles to work.
When it works, it's not very forgiving. But we find it useful.

We still don't know why the other 2 pc's/Outlook don't work. Hope this helps.

www.JHLMC.com