Failed to register a VB Script DLL. Reinstall or run Regsvr32.exe

Eddie

May 7, 2007, 10:35:01 PM5/7/07
I continuously get an err message when I attempt to launch Outlook as the
Admin user. I've uninstalled/ reinstalled, Run Regsvr32.exe and have changed
language (support section for Microsoft) to no avail. Ironically one of the
users on my computer with a standard level of permissions is able to launch
with no issues. I'm open to any suggestions at this point.

Exact Err Msg Reads: "Failed to register a VB Script DLL. Reinstall or run
Regsvr32.exe Vbscript.dll to self register. The form cache file
C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Microsoft\FORMS\FRMCACHE.DAT is not valid.
Contact your administrator."

Roady [MVP]

May 8, 2007, 7:47:01 AM5/8/07
Close Outlook and rename the frmcache.dat file to .old

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

-----
"Eddie" <Ed...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Eddie

May 8, 2007, 8:57:00 PM5/8/07
That resolved my problem. Thank you!

Roady [MVP]

May 8, 2007, 9:35:40 PM5/8/07
You're welcome! :-)

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

-----
"Eddie" <Ed...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Sgbship

May 24, 2007, 11:19:00 PM5/24/07
I tried this and it did not work for me. Any other suggestions?

Alaskan_Engineer

Oct 5, 2007, 3:21:01 PM10/5/07
Another Suggestion that worked for me and all my users, was to recreate a new
login because it appeared as though the permissions were over written when
2007 Office was installed on the system. When the New Username was
reinitialized it worked fine and no more errors dealing with the infamous
VBScript.dll. MS needs to allow the programs that they write to be installed
under the Administration user this way when you users logon for the first
time to run the application the error does not cause troubles for the users.

We run on Vista in our network.

Thanks Microsoft.

http://www.kakchugi3.com
Dan Solodon
Disabled American Veteran

Suso

Nov 5, 2008, 1:02:03 PM11/5/08
In my case ...AppData\Local\Microsoft\FORMS <- "FORMS" is a file with no
extension. A file with 0 kB. Any ideas?

neo [mvp outlook]

Nov 5, 2008, 8:53:34 PM11/5/08
How about this....

Within Microsoft Outlook, select Tools > Options > Other tab > Advanced
Options button > Custom Forms. Change temporary storage space to a
different number* > OK out of the dialogs and then reboot computer. Still
get the error at this point?

* I believe the default value is 2048. I would change it to 4096. If it
reads 4096, change it back to 2048.

"Suso" <Su...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Alex

Nov 6, 2008, 11:23:02 AM11/6/08
Such a simple solution

Worked for me thanks

Luccas

Feb 17, 2009, 9:34:01 PM2/17/09

Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]

Feb 18, 2009, 11:52:34 AM2/18/09
"Luccas" <Luc...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Is there a question you want to ask? Simply posting a quote of someone
else's message doesn't accomplish much.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Ti

Mar 2, 2010, 12:59:01 PM3/2/10

I am using windows 7 with office 2007. I have met the same problem. however,
I couldn't solve the problem because i can't find *frmcache.dat* Can
somebody help me out?

Thank you guys

Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Mar 2, 2010, 1:47:07 PM3/2/10

http://www.howto-outlook.com/downloads/clearformscache.htm
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Joe Brunner

Sep 19, 2011, 10:27:33 PM9/19/11
I dont understand how to do this I have the same problem. using 2007 Outlook on a Windows 7 machine. is there a fix for this yet?

> On Monday, May 07, 2007 10:35 PM Eddi wrote:

> I continuously get an err message when I attempt to launch Outlook as the
> Admin user. I've uninstalled/ reinstalled, Run Regsvr32.exe and have changed
> language (support section for Microsoft) to no avail. Ironically one of the
> users on my computer with a standard level of permissions is able to launch
> with no issues. I'm open to any suggestions at this point.
>

> Exact Err Msg Reads: "Failed to register a VB Script DLL. Reinstall or run
> Regsvr32.exe Vbscript.dll to self register. The form cache file
> C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Microsoft\FORMS\FRMCACHE.DAT is not valid.
> Contact your administrator."

>> On Tuesday, May 08, 2007 7:47 AM Roady [MVP] wrote:

>> Close Outlook and rename the frmcache.dat file to .old
>>
>> --
>> Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
>> Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003
>> http://www.howto-outlook.com/
>> Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more
>>
>> -----
>> "Eddie" <Ed...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

>>> On Tuesday, May 08, 2007 8:57 PM Eddi wrote:

>>> That resolved my problem. Thank you!

kirank...@gmail.com

Jul 6, 2015, 1:53:41 PM7/6/15
so click on run Type "Command" and click on ok
We will get a prompt for MS_DOS window type "regsvr32 vbscript.dll"
and hit enter messsage will pop up as Dll register server in vbscript.dll succeeded.
Log off from the computer and login back
Lauch outlook

ern...@gmail.com

Sep 30, 2016, 3:53:42 AM9/30/16
Still works! Thnx :)

manu2...@gmail.com

Jul 20, 2017, 10:47:39 AM7/20/17
Thanks Kirank it work for me greet ... :)

muf...@gmail.com

Mar 23, 2018, 2:42:15 PM3/23/18
Non of these options worked for me so I took the nuclear option.... The error message on mine mentions c:\program files\microsoft office\Office15\forms\1033\xxxx. X being the name of the file it mentioned (I don't know what it is because I deleted it). After deleting the file AND the one under it which was very similar Outlook loaded properly! I also deleted the mail profile and created a new one so could be combination. I know just deleting the profile DIDN'T work.

Good luck all!

psherat...@gmail.com

Aug 29, 2018, 6:40:32 AM8/29/18
I had a smilar problem but for I renamed the FRMCACHE.DAT to FRMCACHE.DAT.old and when I re-opened Outlook it re-created it and now it's working!

arepallys...@gmail.com

Dec 16, 2018, 11:32:48 PM12/16/18
when i do the same not working, it shows same error help me out for windows 10 office 2013

jste...@gmail.com

Feb 20, 2020, 3:30:57 PM2/20/20
On office 2019, run full online repair, not quick one. That fixed it. Could not find frmcache.dat.