Cannot display day/week/month view in calendar

Madrilleno

May 12, 2009, 10:27:04 AM5/12/09
I have just upgraded my Outlook 2003 to 2007. When I connect to my Exchange
2003 server and view my calendar, I see a list of all appointments sorted by
date. When I try to change the view to Day/Week Month, I get an error message
which reads "Outlook cannot display this view." When I click on OK to clear
the message, the calendar view stays as a list.

Also, when I delete an email from my inbox, it still displays until I go to
the calendar (or any other folder) and then return to my mailbox view.
I have tried Office Diagnostics and this did not show any errors.
I have also tried a complete uninstall/reinstall of office 2007. The result
of this was as follows:-

Opened Outlook, created a new profile when prompted for which profile to
use. Opened calendar and it started in list appointments view. Changed the
view to Day/Week/Month and all appeared OK.

However, when I closed and restarted Outlook, the calendar view had gone
back to list mode and gave the "Outlook cannot display this view" message.

Madrilleno

Madrilleno

May 12, 2009, 10:34:02 AM5/12/09
I am also seeing the following message:

"Cannot continue automatic processing of notifications and message tracking.
There may be a problem connecting to the server."
--
Madrilleno

Madrilleno

May 13, 2009, 7:24:02 AM5/13/09
Mike,

Thanks for your reply.

I have already tried the /cleanviews and /resetnavpane switches with no
change to the problem. I have also successfully connected to the Exchange
server using Outlook 2007 from a different computer, so this is definitely a
problem with the local installation and not the Exchange account.

Madrilleno
--
Madrilleno

""Mike Shen (MSFT)"" wrote:

> Hi Madrilleno,
>
> Thank you for posting.
>
> From your post, I understand after upgrading to Outlook 2007, we are not
> able to change the view to Day/Week/Month from list appointment view even
> after reinstalling Outlook 2007. If I'm off base, please feel free to let
> me know.
>
> At this time, please start Outlook with /cleanviews switch and check
> whether the issue still persists.
>
> Sincerely,
> Mike Shen
> Microsoft Online Community Support
> ications.
>
> With newsgroups, MSDN subscribers enjoy unlimited, free support as opposed
> to the limited number of phone-based technical support incidents. Complex
> issues or server-down situations are not recommended for the newsgroups.
> Issues of this nature are best handled working with a Microsoft Support
> Engineer using one of your phone-based incidents.

Mike Shen (MSFT)

May 13, 2009, 7:05:28 AM5/13/09

Mike Shen (MSFT)

May 14, 2009, 8:24:57 AM5/14/09
Hi Madrilleno,

Thanks for your response.

I understand you have attempted the /Cleanviews switch but the issue
persists. In addition, you have tested the issue using another computer.
The issue cannot be reproduced on the other computer. Therefore, you think
it is a client side issue instead of Server side issue. If I am off base,
please let me know.

At this time, please let me know whether PGP Desktop 9.0 is installed on
the client. I would like to explain that the PGP Desktop 9.0 is not
supported with Outlook 2007. Therefore, I suggest you temporarily remove
the software to troubleshoot the issue.

For your reference:

https://pgp.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/pgp.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=713

Mike

Madrilleno

May 15, 2009, 3:54:05 AM5/15/09
Thanks to Amit Kanade, MS Outlook Support, we found the following:-

Turns out this was an issue because of PGP. It occurs if the following three
factors are present:-

1. PGP 9.x is installed
2. Exchange 2003 admin tools is installed
3. Upgrade from Outlook 2003 to 2007

I suspect that it's not just the upgrade, but the installation of Outlook
2007, whether from new or as an upgrade.

The workaround I used was to disable the PGP SDK service. The PGP website
suggested using fixmapi.exe, but this did not work, and I think it needs the
removal of Exchange admin tools to allow PGP to function with Outlook 2007.

From experience (I have several other PCs running Outlook 2007 and PGP9.x)
the issue is with Exchange 2003 Admin Tools installed on the same computer as
PGP 9.x and Outlook 2007.
--
Madrilleno