Help question answer please up grading from 2000-2003

1 view

Carl R

Jan 11, 2010, 4:59:01 PM1/11/10
I am updating from office outlook 2000 to 2003. I am not comp. savy but
trying to do a safe update and need some advice. I backed up all office
files, contacts
e-mails etc to a PST. When I installed 2003 disk it asked me to remove 2000
first. So I asume the procedure I would do is to add/remove 2000 install
2003 and import back the PST. sounds easy

I thought since this was a update that it did everything Automactily
Should my 2000 PST back up restore to the 2003 office when installed ?
If I remove 2000 I have no disks to reinstall if things should go south
thats why I am trying to be very carefull.
Is there away I can have both copies on the hard drive?
or am I just freaking and do the unistall and reinsatll 2003
advice please??????
--
Microsoft Office 2003 Version
Students and Teachers Edition

Thank-you
Carl R

Carl R

Jan 11, 2010, 5:11:01 PM1/11/10
I am doing this upgarde on an other computer which is XP
--
Microsoft Office 2003 Version
Students and Teachers Edition
Windows Vista Home Premium

Thank-you
Carl R

DL

Jan 11, 2010, 7:15:09 PM1/11/10
1) No you cannot have two versions of Outlook
2) With outlook closed copy all pst files to eg Documents
3) Uninstall Outlook /Ofice2k and reboot
4) Install Outlook /Office 2003
5) Outlook 2003 may connect to the Origonal outlook profile/data files, if
it does, close Outlook, use the mail applet in the Control Panel to add a
new data File, set that as default
6) Open Oulook, copy data from old set of personal folders to the new empty
set

"Carl R" <rit...@clearwire.net> wrote in message

Carl R

Jan 14, 2010, 11:39:01 AM1/14/10