Outlook 2007 Send emails getting stuck in Outbox

drlock

Sep 25, 2009, 3:36:01 PM9/25/09
As of Thursday afternoon this week, emails that I am sending (Reply and New)
are getting stuck in my Outbox. I have removed the Spam email filter from
McAfee, but it still does not work. I have not made any changes to my email
settings, and I use yahoo email.

When closing Outlook, I receive a message that there are unsent messages, do
I want to exit without sending the messages.

--
steve

Roady [MVP]

Sep 25, 2009, 4:35:33 PM9/25/09
Is Outlook in on-line mode?
Verify that File-> Work Offline is not selected.

Do you get any send/receive errors when pressing the Send/Receive button?

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

http://www.msoutlook.info/

-----

"drlock" <drl...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

drlock

Sep 25, 2009, 11:06:01 PM9/25/09
Outlook was not in on-line mode.

When I go into Outbox and hit Send/Receive it does nothing. When I close
out of Outlook it attempts to resend the email and states the following

There are unsent messages in your Outbox to send messages you must remain
running and connected to your email server. Do you want to exit anyway.

--
steve

drlock

Oct 5, 2009, 6:56:07 PM10/5/09
New information on this problem.

Outgoing messages that I send are still getting stuck in Outbox when
utilizing Outlook 2007. When I utilize Yahoo mail via the internet my
messages are sent.
I then started using a wireless aircard, instead of my Verizon DSL
connection. The emails were Not getting stuck in Outbox.

Does anybody know about an issues with Verizon DSL and Outlook 2007?

Thanks,

Steve
--
steve

Chupacabras Ltd

Oct 7, 2009, 6:41:22 PM10/7/09

This is now happening to me since upgrading my Windows Live Messenger,
the only change I have made recently.
When I compose email and send it, it used to go to the Outbox and
immediately send.
Now it goes to the Outbox and stays there. The only way I can send it
is to open the item in the Outbox and hit the send button within the
email item. I believe this may have to do with a change to the Add-
ins in Outloook.
I am running Vista with Outlook 2007. To view the add-ins I got to
Tools, Trust Center and select Add-ins.
This is where I see the Spam filter add-ins and many others that I
have found to be useless to me.
Look up each Add-in and see if it needs to apply to your usage of
Outlook. If you make one inactive, or remove any, you have to close
and re-open Outlook to test whether this fixed it. Easy test is send
yourself an email and watch the Outbox.
This fixed my issue.
good luck

billywilliams

Jun 4, 2010, 7:43:28 AM6/4/10
In our case the emails would get stuck in the outbox with the sent date "NONE". In certain cases the sent changed to none while we watched the outbox. Outlook had been set to "not" send immediately if this setting was enabled it did not happen. For our case we wanted the mail not to go when we clicked send on the email so we went further on in the investigation. We also noticed this would only happen if you selected the outbox before hitting send and receive. After some more time we disabled all add-ons and the problem didn't occur with send immediately turned off. One by one we enabled the add-ons and after a time we found that one add-on called categorize plus from Veranosoft was causing the problem . With this disabled outlook worked as normal and didn't get stuck.
The add-on only caused the problem if the option for send immediately was turned off. It also didn't happen unless you selected the outbox before hitting "send and receive". Check the settings I outlined above and disable add-ons as I have also explained.

Regards
Billy

Chupacabras Ltd wrote:

Re: Outlook 2007 Send emails getting stuck in Outbox
08-Oct-09

lose
in
ay.
ton?
and
lter from
to my
sages,

[...]

On Friday, September 25, 2009 3:36 PM
drlock wrote:

Outlook 2007 Send emails getting stuck in Outbox

As of Thursday afternoon this week, emails that I am sending (Reply and New)
are getting stuck in my Outbox. I have removed the Spam email filter from
McAfee, but it still does not work. I have not made any changes to my email
settings, and I use yahoo email.

When closing Outlook, I receive a message that there are unsent messages, do
I want to exit without sending the messages.

--
steve

On Friday, September 25, 2009 4:35 PM
Roady [MVP] wrote:

Is Outlook in on-line mode?
Is Outlook in on-line mode?
Verify that File-> Work Offline is not selected.

Do you get any send/receive errors when pressing the Send/Receive button?

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

http://www.msoutlook.info/

-----

On Friday, September 25, 2009 11:06 PM
drlock wrote:

Outlook was not in on-line mode.
Outlook was not in on-line mode.

When I go into Outbox and hit Send/Receive it does nothing. When I close
out of Outlook it attempts to resend the email and states the following

There are unsent messages in your Outbox to send messages you must remain
running and connected to your email server. Do you want to exit anyway.

--
steve

"Roady [MVP]" wrote:

On Monday, October 05, 2009 6:56 PM
drlock wrote:

New information on this problem.
New information on this problem.

Outgoing messages that I send are still getting stuck in Outbox when
utilizing Outlook 2007. When I utilize Yahoo mail via the internet my
messages are sent.
I then started using a wireless aircard, instead of my Verizon DSL
connection. The emails were Not getting stuck in Outbox.

Does anybody know about an issues with Verizon DSL and Outlook 2007?

Thanks,

Steve
--
steve

"drlock" wrote:

On Thursday, October 08, 2009 3:06 AM
Chupacabras Ltd wrote:

[...]

ASP.NET GridView: Select Row and Display Item Detail
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/ff14a008-2af9-4f9d-a09d-1af670466a80/aspnet-gridview-select.aspx

billywilliams

Jun 4, 2010, 7:44:49 AM6/4/10

Chupacabras Ltd wrote:

[...]

On Friday, June 04, 2010 7:43 AM
Billy Williams wrote:

My Solution

[...]

Server Side Processing in ADO.NET/WCF Data Services
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/db179aed-47fa-4f86-a4bf-4f6f92a76585/server-side-processing-in.aspx

No Mo

Jun 4, 2010, 8:41:34 AM6/4/10
Hooplehead Eggheader Alert.