How to fix 'WNetEnumCachedPasswords - no entry point in MPR.dll'

BillC

Mar 8, 2005, 2:39:01 PM3/8/05
I have recently installed some new software, including RealPlayer, and get an
error message in Outlook 2000 "The procedure entry point
WNetEnumCachedPasswords could not be located in the dynamic link library
MPR.dll". Outlook then pops up a message box that offers to fix the problem
and then operates correctly. However, next time I open Outlook the error
reoccurs. I have Uninstalled RealPlayer but the problem persists.

BillC

Mar 8, 2005, 4:43:02 PM3/8/05
I have now discovered that MPR.dll was modified in my Windows/System 32
folder about the time I downloaded RealPlayer. I have an original version of
the file from another computer but Windows won't let me replace the modified
file as it is in use. Any help on how I can revert to the original file?

BillC

Mar 10, 2005, 11:39:10 AM3/10/05
In case anyone else has this problem, you may be interested to know I have
found a solution. Somehow an old version of mapi32.dll was installed in
windows/sys32 folder (dated 1996). When I installed a newer version from my
MS Office CD the problem was fixed. I found the solution on a Hauppage
website by doing a google search on WNetEnumCachedPasswords.

All's well that ends well!