cannot export to .csv

mfhtn

Jan 18, 2008, 8:59:00 PM1/18/08
I am trying to export my contacts from outlook 2000 to windows mail. I have
found several posts that say to export to a .csv file, but when I try I get
an error "outlook cannot start import/export engine. This feature is not
currently installed. would you like to install it now?" When I click yes, it
says it cannot find the file, please insert Office 2000 cd, which I don't
have since it was pre-installed on my system.

thanks

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Jan 18, 2008, 10:35:38 PM1/18/08
Ask your OEM. No one else can provide those files.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"mfhtn" <mf...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Karl Timmermans

Jan 19, 2008, 12:00:35 AM1/19/08
This free utility should solve your problem (product not related to us)
http://www.codetwo.com/pages/freeware/outlook_export.php

In the unlikely event you require more advanced features - you review our
export options (not free) here:
http://www.contactgenie.com/cgxfeatures.htm

Karl
Karl Timmermans - The Claxton Group
ContactGenie - Importer 1.3 / DataPorter 2.0 / Exporter
"Power contact importers/exporters for MS Outlook '2000/2007"
http://www.contactgenie.com

mfhtn

Jan 19, 2008, 11:04:02 AM1/19/08
Hallelujah! You are my hero--it worked. Thanks so much.

Brian Tillman

Jan 20, 2008, 4:19:57 PM1/20/08
mfhtn <mf...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I am trying to export my contacts from outlook 2000 to windows mail.
> I have found several posts that say to export to a .csv file, but
> when I try I get an error "outlook cannot start import/export engine.
> This feature is not currently installed. would you like to install it
> now?" When I click yes, it says it cannot find the file, please
> insert Office 2000 cd, which I don't have since it was pre-installed
> on my system.

Vendors who supply preinstalled software also provide methids of generating
install disks. There should be a procedure outlined in the documents you
received with the PC that describe the process.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]