cannot read instance of recurring meeting

Jeff McCain

May 22, 2003, 10:09:48 AM5/22/03
I am currently using Outlook 2002 and share this calendar
with one other user. I am getting an error message that
reads "Cannot read one instance of this recurring
appointment. Close any open appointments and try again,
or recreate the appointment."

This message started occuring after I received a message
saying that an updated appointment could not be sent
because one or more fields were invalid. However, some
users still received the update. /cleanfreebusy did not
help the situation nor did the detect and repair option.
Any help would be appreciated.

Nikki [Outlook - MVP]

May 24, 2003, 9:12:27 PM5/24/03
You may try to clean out the forms cache.

If you close outlook.
Perform a FIND (click on desktop and press <F3>)
(If you are using XP or W2K operating system be
sure to look in hidden files)
Look for FRMCACHE.DAT file.
Delete it from the find window.
Restart Outlook.

When you restart Outlook it will rebuild a fresh new
FRMCACHE.DAT file.

Outlook uses forms on everything. It could be that
somehow the FORMS CACHE is retaining incorrect
form information.

If this does not work, let us know. There may be
another solution.

--
Nikki Peterson [MVP - Outlook]

"Jeff McCain" <jeff...@nospam.msn.com> wrote in message