IISDiscoveryProbe Error - any ideas?

Rem-8

Sep 19, 2008, 4:37:05 AM9/19/08
I'm getting some errors in IIS 2000 Discoveries. I haven't seen such
errors on google nor other search engines. Please? :)

Error initializing IISDiscoveryProbe Error: 0x80090006 Details:
Invalid Signature. One or more workflows were affected by this.
Workflow name: Microsoft.Windows.InternetInformationServices.
2000.DiscoverWebSites0to25 Instance name: IIS Web Server Instance ID:
{FA4200C2-3E0B-2A51-05B7-C6C976A4D034} Management group: PROVAL

Ian Blyth

Sep 23, 2008, 10:25:02 AM9/23/08
Hi

I have seen a similar error with 2003.

Error doing IIS Discovery Error: 0x80070006 Details: The handle is invalid.

One or more workflows were affected by this. Workflow name:

Microsoft.Windows.InternetInformationServices.2003.DiscoverAppPools26to50

Instance name: IIS Web Server Instance ID:

{418B82EE-D2FD-D72D-9D94-E4175C31F743}

This only happened once and has not repeated yet but that was last evening.
The server is in the IIS list and all the IIS components are being measured.
As it was already discovered I am not going to do anything unless it repeats.
Sometimes scripts just fail but if it is a one off I tend to ignore them.

Ian

Rem-8

Sep 24, 2008, 2:42:37 AM9/24/08
On 23 Wrz, 16:25, Ian Blyth <IanBl...@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

Yeah but it is getting to me all the time. When I see Repeat Count for
an alert it says about 1 per minute and grows every minute!

Boris Yanushpolsky [MSFT]

Sep 30, 2008, 12:07:40 AM9/30/08
You should probably ping CSS.

--
Boris Yanushpolsky
Program Manager

"Rem-8" <lukas...@gmail.com> wrote in message

sporren

Dec 17, 2008, 4:58:01 PM12/17/08
Hi

I have the same problem but only on 3 (of about 30) 2003 IIS Servers.

Error doing IIS Discovery Error: 0x80070006 Details: The handle is invalid.
One or more workflows were affected by this. Workflow name:

Microsoft.Windows.InternetInformationServices.2003.DiscoverWebApplications26to50

Instance name: IIS Web Server Instance ID:

{209C31E8-B1D9-3BA8-F2C2-EA34E980E75D} Management group: SCOM

Error doing IIS Discovery Error: 0x80070006 Details: The handle is invalid.
One or more workflows were affected by this. Workflow name:

Microsoft.Windows.InternetInformationServices.2003.DiscoverAppPools51to75

Instance name: IIS Web Server Instance ID:

{73CBF2C2-DF56-8F2A-A2F7-23EA88297823} Management group: SCOM

Error doing IIS Discovery Error: 0x80070006 Details: The handle is invalid.
One or more workflows were affected by this. Workflow name:

Microsoft.Windows.InternetInformationServices.2003.DiscoverWebSites51to75

Instance name: IIS Web Server Instance ID:

{209C31E8-B1D9-3BA8-F2C2-EA34E980E75D} Management group: SCOM

Boris: CSS?

Maxim

Jan 13, 2009, 8:26:04 AM1/13/09
I have exactly the same errors as sporren described above. Any ideas? Please.

booster

Mar 17, 2009, 12:46:58 PM3/17/09

"Maxim" <Ma...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

GestiefelterKater40

Apr 7, 2009, 9:13:04 AM4/7/09
Hi there,

ping css *gg*
What has Counterstrike to do with SCOM ???

krgds
--
GestiefelterKater40
--- Denke bringt nix ---

Nathan Downey [MSFT]

Jun 9, 2009, 7:15:28 PM6/9/09
This is a known issue we are investigating/working on.

Basically under *some* load conditions on IIS under W2K3 we can get an
intermittent invalid handle back from an API call. We are logging an alert
instead of retrying the operation.

The error itself while annoying, is non-fatal and does not stop discovery
from happening.

At worst the discovery of those components will be delayed until next
discovery interval, at which point they will be picked up.

-Nathan Downey [MSFT]

"booster" <boo...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Veera

Jul 8, 2009, 2:47:01 AM7/8/09
Nathan,

any update on fix for this error? as of now i started getting this error on
few (7) w2k3 servers after i upgraded IIS MP to

Thanks,
Veera

Veera

Jul 8, 2009, 2:51:01 AM7/8/09