Re: "Missing" Cab files installing office 2007 on localized Vista

Leon Hao [MSFT]

Apr 25, 2007, 5:19:18 AM4/25/07
Hi Frank,

Glad to hear the problem is resolved!

I appreciate the information you shared with us. If you need further
assistance on this particular issue, please get back to me at any time and
we are glad to provide help.

Have a nice day!

Regards,

Leon Hao

Microsoft Online Partner Support

Frank Laurijssens

Apr 25, 2007, 10:44:12 AM4/25/07
I wouldn't call it a resolution though... there is something terribly wrong
here.

"Leon Hao [MSFT]" <v-l...@online.microsoft.com> schreef in bericht

Leon Hao [MSFT]

Apr 26, 2007, 12:11:15 AM4/26/07
Hi Frank,

I agree with you there is something unusual here. But this seems not to be
an install media issue because this does not occur when you mount the ISO
to another virtual drive. I think this may relate to the virtual drive
application (for example, Daemon Tool) you are using.

You can try to copy all files and folders from the virtual drive to a local
position to see if it works fine now.

If you need further assistance on the Office side, we are glad to provide
our suggestions.

Frank Laurijssens

Apr 19, 2007, 1:18:59 PM4/19/07
I'm having problems again installing Office 2007 on a localized Vista
Ultimate x86. The setup stalls and asks for Proof.cab.

The only trace I can find about this error in SetupExe(..).log is:

Executing chained package: Proof.es-es
04/19/2007 18:59:13 Installing chained package: Proof.es-es
PERF: TickCount=2340108 Name=Verify MSI local install source
Description=Begin function
OSE is detected as a registered service. Service binary is reported at
location: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Source
Engine\OSE.EXE
OSE service binary is detected at location: C:\Program Files\Common
Files\Microsoft Shared\Source Engine\OSE.EXE
File at H:\Ultimater.WW\ose.exe has version: 12.0.4518.1014
File at C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Source Engine\OSE.EXE
has version: 12.0.4518.1014
Running OSE version 12.0.4518.1014
[...]
LIS: wait for package "{90120000-002C-0409-0000-0000000FF1CE}" to complete
caching
LIS failed to cache download "{90120000-002C-0409-0000-0000000FF1CE}-C"
resource "Proof.en|Proof.cab". Cache Error 0x80070017
Source Resolution succeeded
LIS: start caching file "Proof.en|Proof.cab"
LIS failed to cache download "{90120000-002C-0409-0000-0000000FF1CE}-C"
resource "Proof.en|Proof.cab". Cache Error 0x80070017

The CAB file is there, installing O2k7 on Windows XP (any language) works
flawlessly. Excluding all proofing tools from setup doesn't help.

What's going on here?

Frank Laurijssens

Apr 20, 2007, 4:07:36 AM4/20/07
To rule out any issues with the DVD, I downloaded a new ISO from Technet
Direct, to no avail. Even another DVD, O2k7 Enterprise english does not
install, it only fails at another point:

Executing chained package: EnterpriseWW
04/20/2007 09:59:47 Installing chained package: EnterpriseWW
PERF: TickCount=8765914 Name=Verify MSI local install source

Description=Begin function
OSE is detected as a registered service. Service binary is reported at
location: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Source
Engine\OSE.EXE
OSE service binary is detected at location: C:\Program Files\Common
Files\Microsoft Shared\Source Engine\OSE.EXE

File at F:\Enterprise.WW\ose.exe has version: 12.0.4518.1014

File at C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Source Engine\OSE.EXE
has version: 12.0.4518.1014
Running OSE version 12.0.4518.1014
OSE is detected as a registered service. Service binary is reported at
location: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Source
Engine\OSE.EXE
OSE service binary is detected at location: C:\Program Files\Common
Files\Microsoft Shared\Source Engine\OSE.EXE

File at F:\Enterprise.WW\ose.exe has version: 12.0.4518.1014

File at C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Source Engine\OSE.EXE
has version: 12.0.4518.1014
Running OSE version 12.0.4518.1014

LIS: wait for package "{90120000-0030-0000-0000-0000000FF1CE}" to complete
caching
LIS failed to cache download "{90120000-0030-0000-0000-0000000FF1CE}-C"
resource "EnterWW.cab". Cache Error 0x80070017

"Frank Laurijssens" <flauri...@nospam.nospam> schreef in bericht

Leon Hao [MSFT]

Apr 20, 2007, 4:45:55 AM4/20/07
Hi Frank,

If I understood properly, your issue is: you failed to install Office 2007
on a Vista client.

Is that correct?

Based on my experience there are many reasons that this issue may occur. I
suggest you try the following suggestions:

* Suggestion 1: Clear Temp folders
======================
1. Click Start>Programs>Accessories>Disk Cleanup
2. Clear your Temporary Internet files and temp files.
3. Restart the PC.
4. Copy your Office 2007 files and folders to a local folder.
5. Double click on the Setup.exe to start the install process.

* Suggestion 2: Check the Environment Variables
====================
I remember I have resolved some similar issues that the users report Office
2007 has failed to install. I have figured out this is caused by the wrong
configuration of the user variables. To check it, please follow the steps
below:

1. Right click on Computer, and choose Properties
2. In the Tasks list that appears on the left, click Advanced system
settings.
3. Click Advanced tab, click Environment Variables.
4. Under User variables for user name, check if TEMP is configured as the
following value: "%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Temp"

* Suggestion 3: Install under Vista safe mode
======================
Please try to install Office 2007 under Vista safe mode:

1. Restart Windows.
2. At the boot sequence, long press F8 key to invoke startup menu.
3. Choose Safe Mode with network connection on the menu and press Enter.
4. After Windows starts in this mode, install Office 2007 again and see the
result.

If all fail, then please help us collect some more information for further
research:

* Information Collection
=================
1. Please take a screenshot on the exact error message and send it to me.
2. Please provide the setup logs for analysis.
3. Does this occur on another system account on the same machine? please
also create a new one with admin rights to test.

** To take a screenshot
---------------------
1. When this error message appears, press PrScrn key on your keyboard.
2. Type "mspaint" (without the quotation marks) in Start>Run box and click
OK.
3. Click Edit>Paste to paste the screenshot.
4. Save it as JPEG file type and send it as Email attachment.
---------------------

** Collect Office 2007 setup log files
-----------------------
1. Click Start>Run
2. Type "%temp%" (without the quotation marks) and click OK.
3. Send me all the TXT files in the format of: SetupExe(######).log
----------------------

You can send them directly to this newsgroup or you can send them to me at
<v-l...@microsoft.com>

Bob Buckland ?:-) At Beautiful Downtown

Apr 20, 2007, 7:21:11 AM4/20/07
Hi Frank,

To add to Leon's reply.

Did you burn a CD/DVD from the image or are you mounting it as a virtual drive to do the installation? There have been problems
reported, for example, using Nero and the CD images it creates under Vista rather than another burner or an ISO mounting approach.

Was there a previous installation of Office 12/2007 on this computer?
(Beta or release product)?

Also, what is the 'localized' Vista definition you're using in this case?

=============
<<"Frank Laurijssens" <flauri...@nospam.nospam> wrote in message news:955765B1-3AFF-47D5...@microsoft.com...

--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Frank Laurijssens

Apr 23, 2007, 7:47:04 AM4/23/07
Hi Bob,

* It doesn't matter whether I burn a CD, mount the ISO or extract the
contents to a directory. The ISO has been downloaded from Technet Direct and
the validation by File Transfer Manager succeeds.
* It was a clean install of Dutch Vista RTM (DVD ISO from Technet as well).

Now, when I browse through this newsgroup, I see many complaints about this
issue, i.e. a non-English Vista, Office 2007 and missing CAB files, which
aren't really missing, when you try to instal Office 2007. Which CAB file is
missing, appears to be depending on the Office edition that's being used,
when I try to install an en-us Office Ultimate on nl-nl Vista, it is
Proof.cab, when I install Office Enterprise en-us on nl-nl Vista, it is
EnterWW.cab.

Also, it is not likely just to be due to the language mismatch because I've
encountered the same issue before with Visio 2007 and Project 2007 nl-nl on
nl-nl Vista. (in Visio's case, it was VisPrrWW.cab that went ' missing').
The only thing that's visible in the logs is Cache Error 0x80070017. If I'm
right, 0x80070017 indicates a CRC error but if the ISO is valid according to
FTM, it's unlikely that there really is a CRC error in the same file over
and over again. If there's an external factor (like malfunctioning hardware)
there should be some randomness there.

And for the record:

While typing this, I get the same error for Office 2007 Enterprise en-us on
Vista RTM en-us. I'll answer Leon's message shortly.

"Bob Buckland ?:-)" <75214.226(At Beautiful Downtown)compuserve.com> wrote
in message news:eNEkG4zg...@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...

Frank Laurijssens

Apr 24, 2007, 8:46:34 AM4/24/07
Hi Leon,

I've sent the requested information to your mailbox. I'd like to let you
know that I found a "workaround" to the problem.

First, I downloaded a new ISO from Technet for Ultimate. This did not help.
Then, I decided to try to load Proof.cab from a different version CD, so I
mounted the Office Enterprice ISO on a different virtual drive. The setup
program did not even wait for me to select the new drive, and continued
setup as if nothing happened....

"Leon Hao [MSFT]" <v-l...@online.microsoft.com> schreef in bericht

Emily Lin [MSFT]

May 1, 2007, 3:44:57 AM5/1/07
Hi Frank,

This is Emily Lin. As Leon is out of office and I am the backup engineer.
If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to let me know.

Sincerely,

Emily Lin,
Microsoft Online Partner Support

PLEASE NOTE: The partner managed newsgroups are provided to assist with
break/fix issues and simple how to questions.

We also love to hear your product feedback! Let us know what you think by
posting

from the web interface: Partner Feedback
from your newsreader: microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback.

We look forward to hearing from you!

that others may learn and benefit from this issue.

Frank Laurijssens

May 7, 2007, 6:02:41 AM5/7/07
Why would it relate to the virtual drive application? If this is a known
issue with Daemon Tools (and in that case, with Alcohol, which is what I'm
using, since they both use the same engine), why would copying the files
from the virtual drive work? Does the setup software use a different routine
for reading files from a disc than Vista's regular copy command?

In any case, I've tried all three options: burning the iso to a blank disc
(fwiw, with Nero, which I read is also considered as a bad thing), using a
virtual drive application (Alcohol 120%, latest build), and using a local
copy of the files in the iso. Or is it, that the ISOs I downloaded from
Technet ar less ISO-compliant than they appear to be?

If it's Alcohol's fault, is there any clue where to look, so I can file a
support incident with Alcohol Soft's support department?

This still remains an Office issue, as I'm still unable to install Office
the 'normal' way. Other applications install and run fine under Vista.

"Leon Hao [MSFT]" <v-l...@online.microsoft.com> schreef in bericht

Emily Lin [MSFT]

May 10, 2007, 6:17:06 AM5/10/07
Hi Frank,

At this point, I would like to write a summary for this case. If there is
anything wrong in the summary, feel free to let me know.

Issue:
=====
Cannot install Office 2007 properly. The error says "cannot find the file
proof.cab".

progress
===============
You have downloaded another new ISO from MSDN. It doesn't fix the issue.
You copy the file proof.cab from another version of Office CD and it did
workaround the issue.

The 2007/2003 Office Setup program creates a local installation source
(named MSOCache folder). The Setup program copies the installation .cab
files from the installation media to that location. Thus, when you need to
add features or repair Office installation, it can use the local
installation source instead of asking for the Office installation CD again.

We receive many similar issue about "cannot find the *.cab file during the
Office 2007 installation". It is because that the Office installation
process cannot extract the file from the CD to the MSOCache folder
properly. The issue may occur under several situations. Some of the issues
were fixed by coming into Windows clean boot mode (disable all third party
software and un-necessary device driver). Some of the issues were fixed by
manually copying the *.cab file to the Harddisk. And etc.

Since you have workarounded such an issue by copying the file proof.cab
from another CD. I would like to stop the troubleshooting steps here.
Thanks so much for your understanding.

If you would like to continue working on the issue, would you please run
Windows clean boot mode to see if it works?

For detail information about how to run Windows clean boot mode, please
refer to the KB article below.

929135 How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows
Vista
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;929135

Sincerely,

Emily Lin,
Microsoft Online Partner Support

that others may learn and benefit from this issue.

Emily Lin [MSFT]

May 11, 2007, 4:11:57 AM5/11/07
Hi Frank,

Thanks for your reply and the clarification that mounting the ISO image of
Office 2007 on another virtual drive made the Office 2007 installation
finished. However, it is just a workaround.

I do understand your concerns. It is really annoy that we always encounter
the error about "cannot find *.cab file" when trying to install Office 2007
on the computer with Windows Vista. So, it is my pleasure to help you to
reflect it to the proper department for their consideration.

In addition, please feel free to submit your suggestion on our product to
the following link. Our Product Group reviews the suggestions submitted by
our customers. Your feedback is valuable for us to improve our products and
increase the level of service provided.

https://support.microsoft.com/common/survey.aspx?scid=sw;en;1208&showpage=1&
ws=search

Sincerely,

Emily Lin,
Microsoft Online Partner Support

PLEASE NOTE: The partner managed newsgroups are provided to assist with
break/fix issues and simple how to questions.

We also love to hear your product feedback!
Let us know what you think by posting
from the web interface: Partner Feedback
from your newsreader: microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback.
We look forward to hearing from you!

Emily Lin [MSFT]

May 15, 2007, 4:09:58 AM5/15/07
Hi Frank,

Is there anything I can do for you? If so, feel free to let me know. I am
glad to be of assistance. :-)
Sincerely,

Emily Lin,
Microsoft Online Partner Support

Emily Lin [MSFT]

May 16, 2007, 11:52:47 PM5/16/07
Hi Frank,

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to let me know. I
am happy to be of assistance. :)

Sincerely,

Emily Lin,
Microsoft Online Partner Support

PLEASE NOTE: The partner managed newsgroups are provided to assist with
break/fix issues and simple how to questions.

We also love to hear your product feedback!
Let us know what you think by posting
from the web interface: Partner Feedback
from your newsreader: microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback.
We look forward to hearing from you!

Frank Laurijssens

May 21, 2007, 10:59:02 AM5/21/07
Hi Emily,

The mentioned problem appears to be more widespread. I just followed the
following steps:

* extracted all files from the Office 2007 Enterprise ISO using WinRAR and
MagicISO, compared both, the extracted data was identical.

* used the extracted files to instal Office 2007 on Windows XP, worked
fine.

* Installed Vista Ultimate x86 en-us on another system

* Let Windows Update install all updates, and installed Dutch (nl-nl)
language pack, but keeping en-us system language and locale

* Start Setup. Crashes on EnterWW.cab, which is not available on any other
Office version.

*reboot in Clean Boot Mode (which isn't very useful since there is no other
software on the system yet)

* Start Setup. Crashes on EnterWW.cab

* Start Setup. Crashes on EnterWW.cab. Manually copy EnterWW.cab to
C:\MSOCache\All Users\{90120000-0030-0000-0000-0000000FF1CE}-C, select
source again. Crashes on EnterWW.cab, and EnterWW.cab is deleted from LIS by
setup.

* Select source again, EnterWW.cab appears in LIS, only to disappear again
after the file copy is complete.

So, what is the next step, if any?

Regards,

Frank

"Emily Lin [MSFT]" <v-em...@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Frank Laurijssens

May 21, 2007, 12:37:39 PM5/21/07
Hi Emily,

It took a while to catch up :)

I've submitted the report.

Thanks,
Frank.

"Emily Lin [MSFT]" <v-em...@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Emily Lin [MSFT]

May 22, 2007, 2:40:10 AM5/22/07
Hi Frank,

Thanks for submiting the report.

Did you try to extracted all files from the Office 2007 Enterprise ISO to
the local hard disk on the computer with Windows Vista? And then, try to
install Office 2007 again.

If anything is unclear or if you have any other concerns, please don't
hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely,

Emily Lin,
Microsoft Online Partner Support

Frank Laurijssens

May 22, 2007, 6:39:30 AM5/22/07
Yes, I did that....

The report I submitted through is getting lost, I'm afraid, I'll Bcc you my
response.

I think I've tried anything within my reach here. Is there anyone on the
MSFT side willing to try to reproduce the problem? I'm not sure whether I
should complain to the Technet/MSDN folks for distributing defective ISO
images or file a support incident.

"Emily Lin [MSFT]" <v-em...@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Frank Laurijssens

May 23, 2007, 3:04:22 AM5/23/07
Going through the install procedure with process monitor, disabling all
filters, all I can see is OSE.EXE copying EnterWW.cab to the LIS, and after
copying, it immediately deletes EnterWW.cab.

Makes you wonder.

110554 8:50:52.2598853 AM OSE.EXE 1536 FASTIO_CHECK_IF_POSSIBLE
C:\MSOCache\All Users\{90120000-0030-0000-0000-0000000FF1CE}-C\EnterWW.cab
SUCCESS Operation: Write, Offset: 264,568,832, Length: 65,536
110555 8:50:52.2602604 AM OSE.EXE 1536 WriteFile C:\MSOCache\All
Users\{90120000-0030-0000-0000-0000000FF1CE}-C\EnterWW.cab SUCCESS Offset:
264,634,368, Length: 65,536
110556 8:50:52.2602673 AM OSE.EXE 1536 FASTIO_CHECK_IF_POSSIBLE
C:\MSOCache\All Users\{90120000-0030-0000-0000-0000000FF1CE}-C\EnterWW.cab
SUCCESS Operation: Write, Offset: 264,634,368, Length: 65,536
110557 8:50:52.2626234 AM OSE.EXE 1536 ReadFile
C:\OFFICE12\Enterprise.WW\EnterWW.cab SUCCESS Offset: 264,765,440, Length:
56,200
110558 8:50:52.2626355 AM OSE.EXE 1536 FASTIO_CHECK_IF_POSSIBLE
C:\OFFICE12\Enterprise.WW\EnterWW.cab SUCCESS Operation: Read, Offset:
264,765,440, Length: 65,536
110559 8:50:52.2628149 AM OSE.EXE 1536 ReadFile
C:\OFFICE12\Enterprise.WW\EnterWW.cab END OF FILE Offset: 264,821,640,
Length: 65,536
110560 8:50:52.2628215 AM OSE.EXE 1536 FASTIO_CHECK_IF_POSSIBLE
C:\OFFICE12\Enterprise.WW\EnterWW.cab SUCCESS Operation: Read, Offset:
264,821,640, Length: 65,536
110561 8:50:52.2628564 AM OSE.EXE 1536 CloseFile
C:\OFFICE12\Enterprise.WW\EnterWW.cab SUCCESS
110562 8:50:52.2629242 AM OSE.EXE 1536 WriteFile C:\MSOCache\All
Users\{90120000-0030-0000-0000-0000000FF1CE}-C\EnterWW.cab SUCCESS Offset:
264,699,904, Length: 65,536
110563 8:50:52.2629319 AM OSE.EXE 1536 FASTIO_CHECK_IF_POSSIBLE
C:\MSOCache\All Users\{90120000-0030-0000-0000-0000000FF1CE}-C\EnterWW.cab
SUCCESS Operation: Write, Offset: 264,699,904, Length: 65,536
110564 8:50:52.2632966 AM OSE.EXE 1536 WriteFile C:\MSOCache\All
Users\{90120000-0030-0000-0000-0000000FF1CE}-C\EnterWW.cab SUCCESS Offset:
264,765,440, Length: 56,200
110565 8:50:52.2633033 AM OSE.EXE 1536 FASTIO_CHECK_IF_POSSIBLE
C:\MSOCache\All Users\{90120000-0030-0000-0000-0000000FF1CE}-C\EnterWW.cab
SUCCESS Operation: Write, Offset: 264,765,440, Length: 56,200
110566 8:50:52.2636764 AM OSE.EXE 1536 CloseFile C:\MSOCache\All
Users\{90120000-0030-0000-0000-0000000FF1CE}-C\EnterWW.cab SUCCESS
110567 8:50:52.2641143 AM OSE.EXE 1536 CreateFile C:\MSOCache\All
Users\{90120000-0030-0000-0000-0000000FF1CE}-C\EnterWW.cab SUCCESS Desired
Access: Read Attributes, Delete, Disposition: Open, Options: Non-Directory
File, Open Reparse Point, Attributes: n/a, ShareMode: Read, Write, Delete,
AllocationSize: n/a, OpenResult: Opened
110568 8:50:52.2641620 AM OSE.EXE 1536 QueryAttribbuteTagFile
C:\MSOCache\All Users\{90120000-0030-0000-0000-0000000FF1CE}-C\EnterWW.cab
SUCCESS Attributes: A, ReparseTag: 0x0
110569 8:50:52.2641806 AM OSE.EXE 1536 SetDispositionInformationFile
C:\MSOCache\All Users\{90120000-0030-0000-0000-0000000FF1CE}-C\EnterWW.cab
SUCCESS Delete: True
110570 8:50:52.2642030 AM OSE.EXE 1536 CloseFile C:\MSOCache\All
Users\{90120000-0030-0000-0000-0000000FF1CE}-C\EnterWW.cab SUCCESS

"Frank Laurijssens" <flauri...@nospam.nospam> schreef in bericht

Emily Lin [MSFT]

May 24, 2007, 8:43:05 PM5/24/07
Hi Frank,

I am sorry to hear that you encountered the similar problem when installing
Office 2007 Enterprise Edition on the Vista client. Does the issue occur on
every Vista client? Are you able to work around it by another virtual disk?

Please extract the ISO file on the Windows XP client. And then copy all the
Office 2007 installation files to the computer with Windows Vista to
install Office 2007. Thus, we can see if there is problem when you extract
the ISO file on the Windows Vista client.

If possible, are you able to get different installation source files of
Office 2007 instead of the ISO file to see if it is a problem of
installation source files.

Emily Lin [MSFT]

May 28, 2007, 7:14:07 AM5/28/07
Hi Frank,

Did you install the Office 2007 Enterprise Edition on the computer with
Windows Vista successfully?

Sincerely,

Emily Lin,

--------------------
<5Xv$WbDmHH...@TK2MSFTNGHUB02.phx.gbl>
<471C1601-515B-4239...@microsoft.com>
<aBtmRwDn...@TK2MSFTNGHUB02.phx.gbl>
<ewQJ#1FnHH...@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl>
<D377585B-2CC6-4DFF...@microsoft.com>
| From: v-em...@online.microsoft.com (Emily Lin [MSFT])
| Date: Fri, 25 May 2007 00:43:05 GMT
| Subject: Re: "Missing" Cab files installing office 2007 on localized Vista
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.office.setup

Frank Laurijssens

May 29, 2007, 3:19:57 AM5/29/07
No, it still doesn't work. I asked the Technet/MSDN folks if there's
something wrong with the images, but (of course) they claim they're OK. I
don't have access to another O12 Enterprise source yet, I'm preparing this
for a customer, I don't have a volume licensing agreement myself. But that's
what Technet/MSDN is for, isn't it?
Anyway, as the installation source works fine on Windows XP, I don't expect
the source to be corrupt. Any corruption in the source would yield errors on
XP as well, wouldn't it?

I've opened a support incident with Microsoft to get this solved. If you're
interested in the case number, just let me know and I'll email you the
number.

"Emily Lin [MSFT]" <v-em...@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Emily Lin [MSFT]

May 29, 2007, 5:11:57 AM5/29/07
Hi Frank,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I am interested in the case number. :) Hope the
issue will been fixed soon!

Best regards,

Emily Lin,

<rnvBqWmn...@TK2MSFTNGHUB02.phx.gbl>
<lAGIVlRo...@TK2MSFTNGHUB02.phx.gbl>

| Subject: Re: "Missing" Cab files installing office 2007 on localized Vista

| Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 09:19:57 +0200
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.office.setup

Frank Laurijssens

May 29, 2007, 6:53:47 AM5/29/07
Ok,

Sent privately.

"Emily Lin [MSFT]" <v-em...@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Frank Laurijssens

May 30, 2007, 10:32:52 AM5/30/07
Just to let everyone know: it looks like there are corrupted ISO images
circulating. Further investigations show that on my ISO image, which I
downloaded over and over again from Technet (a legitimate source, I'd say)
the "missing" cab file has an invalid digital signature and a MD5 hash
that's not the same as the accompanying setup.xml. So either the ISO image
on Technet/MSDN is bad, or the mandatory File Transfer Manager mangles the
file. I've also been able to reproduce the missing Proof.cab problem
reported in other threads as well as a missing cab file in Visio 2007 Dutch,
I bet it's the same problem.

So, we're still working on a solution. We could fool the installer by
changing the MD5 hash in setup.xml in the EnterpriseWW.en-us, but I doubt
this will lead to a working Office installation. Stay tuned!

Emily Lin [MSFT]

May 31, 2007, 2:09:52 AM5/31/07
Hi Frank,

Thanks for the sharing information. :)

Have a nice day!

Emily Lin,

<B39E35D3-5A53-4644...@microsoft.com>
<iqU0tFd...@TK2MSFTNGHUB02.phx.gbl>

| Subject: Re: "Missing" Cab files installing office 2007 on localized Vista

| Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 16:32:52 +0200

| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.office.setup

Frank Laurijssens

Jun 11, 2007, 8:39:23 AM6/11/07
(Solved at last)

To make this story complete:

It all turns out to have been a corruption problem in one of the mirrors of
the MSDN/Technet download site. So, If you are having this problem, be sure
you have the right media, or download it again from MSDN or Technet. If you
don't have download access, and you don't have the original media, then
you're probably trying to install an illegal copy so bugger off.

That said, there are a couple of things that should be solved IMHO:

* On Vista, setup should not just 'fail' upon copying the file to the LIS,
it should log and tell that the digital signature of the file is invalid and
that the MD5 hash does not match, and therefore that setup cannot continue
* On XP, setup does not seem to be checking signatures or MD5 hashes at all
* KB826511 ("How to use a setup log file to troubleshoot setup problems in
Office") incorrectly references Office 2007 as well.

"Emily Lin [MSFT]" <v-em...@online.microsoft.com> schreef in bericht

lkwjeremy

Jun 11, 2008, 5:01:06 AM6/11/08
Humm had a similar problem. Office 2007 would get stuck at Proof.cab. What
worked for me was to simply eject the DVD tray, resinserted the DVD, hit ok
on the dialog and the installer continued without problem.

ashkankhalvati

Oct 5, 2008, 2:15:35 PM10/5/08
Hi Leon Hao!

I am a user of the Office enterprise 2007!

I am trying to install the office on the Vista home x32!

I have tried the thing that you proposed at the following forum:

http://forums.techarena.in/office-setup/732321.htm

When I tried the first suggestion of your 4 suggestions the installation wanted the "EnterWW.cab" file.

I tried to give the right direction of the file from both the cd-rom and harddrive (i copied the files), but neither worked!

Then i tried ur secound and third solution, and those failed aswell! So now i would like you to help me turther with this problem!

I have attached the log files from the temp folder and i also took a print screen to show you the error message that i got when i was testing your first suggestion!

I would be glad to receive any information or help that i can get!

Thank you!

Peter Foldes

Oct 5, 2008, 4:30:57 PM10/5/08
All issues with Office Enterprise 2007 should be addressed to the IT person at the Company or Educational Institution from where it was purchased through the Home Program

--
Peter

WarAxe

Nov 17, 2008, 10:36:01 AM11/17/08
Was this ever TRULY resolved?

I'm trying to install an Office 2007 Enterprise edition (Home Use Program)
onto a fresh install of Windows XP (SP3). I've tried installing from the
DVD/CD and from my local machine hard drive. I have gotten all the usual
errors... "proof.cab", "infopath.cab", and of course the dreaded
"enterww.cab".

What's the deal? A Google search reveals this to be a non-trivial issue
that is affecting many people. Where is the Microsoft fix?

Peter Foldes

Nov 17, 2008, 1:25:38 PM11/17/08
http://www.microsoft.com/licensing/sa/benefits/home_use_rights/faq.mspx

--
Peter

WarAxe

Nov 17, 2008, 1:51:02 PM11/17/08
Peter, how is that supposed to be helpful? Please re-read my post.

perlith

Mar 6, 2009, 5:27:24 PM3/6/09

New System. Vista x64 Ultimate SP1; attempting to install Office 2007
Enterprise purchased from university.

Solution which worked for me, oddly enough, is to simply "click" on the
physical drive letter which contains Office 2007 (either physical or
virtual). That's it. I have no idea why the installer fails to locate
this file, but, just give it a helping help and tell it to find it on
the CD-Drive which contains Office 2007.

This probably wouldn't be a good workaround for environments which need
to perform custom or silent installs. But for most users, should
provide a quick / easy workaround. Wanted to post as first was one of
the first hits on Google searching this issue without a good solution.

--
perlith
perlith's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/perlith.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

redcap_507

Mar 17, 2009, 7:14:58 AM3/17/09

Workaround solution:
I just had the same issue, my solution:

right click on setup file, configure setup to start as windows xp
compatibility mode, and administrator privilege. Then run setup, problem
solved.

From PTY 507...
Respect.
LSCR82.

--
redcap_507
redcap_507's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/redcap_507.htm

mrsbudde33

Apr 10, 2009, 5:26:54 AM4/10/09

Actually, I had the same problem trying to install Office07 pro plus
student edition, but I read up there somewhere that clicking on the
office file helped. So, I did that, and it worked! Much easier than some
of the other stuff mentioned, so I can confirm!!! Good luck!!!

--
mrsbudde33
mrsbudde33's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/88862.htm

lakshmicsholapur

Sep 10, 2009, 2:52:05 AM9/10/09

I have downloaded proof.cab from ramesh link. it directly saved into
c:\my documents.
I am still not able to install office 2007. I have "invalid location"
alert. I am unable to proceed further.
Please help me move proof.cab to proper location in my computer to
succeed installing office 2007. thank you
I am using Windows XP not Vista.

--
lakshmicsholapur
lakshmicsholapur's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/133899.htm

Peter Foldes

Sep 10, 2009, 3:13:02 PM9/10/09

Peter

"lakshmicsholapur" <lakshmicsho...@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message

Peter Foldes

Sep 10, 2009, 3:15:50 PM9/10/09
Sorry about the empty post . Why are you saving that file to My documents. It should
be saved to the installation file like MSOcache

--
Peter

customer

Jan 16, 2010, 8:10:01 PM1/16/10
Hi all.

I have read many topics about solution of this problem but how I understand
this issue is a real BIG BUG in MS OFFICE 2007 and the microsoft guys can't
give us the working solution of it. I have tried all cases which I found in
forums but it gives me nothing. I have tried 2 different O2k7 on 2 different
XPs and I get tire to try something else. And the result of this all is
"ERROR".
So what is this means? What kind of marketing is this? Really! I will never
provide that microsoft can release the trash like this.
The similar history as with Vista.

grlmm

Jan 19, 2010, 4:56:43 PM1/19/10

[My SOLUTION]

Hi all,

I have had same problem with "Windows 7 Ultimate 7600" and "Office 2007
Ultimate".
This is my error sample:

**Error
LIS: wait for package "{90120000-0018-0C0A-0000-0000000FF1CE}" to
complete caching
LIS failed to cache download "{90120000-0018-0C0A-0000-0000000FF1CE}-C"
resource "PptLR.cab". Cache Error 0x80070017

**In Setup.Xml file, in Powerpoint.en-us folder.
<File Id="PptLR.cab" MD5="2133691826376114DE24EB3D98A6FF5D"
Size="14016456" RelativeCachePath="PptLR.cab"
RelativeSourcePath="PptLR.cab"/>

If you get MD5 code from file "PptLR.cab" surely it is different from
the MD5 that it appears in Setup.xml file in folder Powerpoint.en-us.

In order to solve it I made these steps:
1.Download WinMD5Free.[http://www.winmd5.com/]
2.Verify MD5's file, in this sample, "PptLR.cab"
3.Compare MD5's file versus MD5 that appears in Setup.xml file
4.Get a new "PptLR.cab" with equal MD5's setup.xml, for example, I get
from another computer in my office.
5.Copy entire CD to hard disk.
6.Replace the file damaged with the new one.
7.Try again.

I hope help you...
Regards.

--
grlmm
grlmm's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/175960.htm

notatechy

Jan 20, 2010, 12:21:41 PM1/20/10

I am also trying to install Office Professional 2007 on a brand new
laptop but I keep getting this message - "Set up cannot find
Proofing.en-us\Proof.es\Proof.cab.
Browse to a valid installation source, and then click OK"
As I am new to PCs I don't understand what I have to do. Where could I
find a valid installation source? Thanks

--
notatechy
notatechy's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/176235.htm