Re: STDP11N.MSI is missing. No CD available.

JoAnn Paules [MVP]

Feb 25, 2006, 12:53:28 PM2/25/06
Have you searched your Office disk for that file?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"capdantibes" <capda...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Recently, I've been getting a message that the file STDP11N.MSI is
> missing.
> Microsoft sent me back to Sony Computers for the CD. Sony said that
> Microsoft had included the Microsoft Small Business Edition 2003 in
> software
> provided, not them. I purchased Office Professional Edition 2003 but it
> doesn't have this file. I'm getting a complete run-around and meantime I
> can't get the file.

ANONYMOUS

Feb 25, 2006, 1:00:51 PM2/25/06
The file is unique to OEM versions of Office 2003. You can read about
it here:

http://www.mcse.ms/archive175-2005-8-1790359.html

What exactly are you trying to do? As you have got a retail version of
Office professional, you should be able to install everything from
scratch provided the CD is your own bought from the shop and not
borrowed from a friend.

So let us have more info please.

JoAnn Paules [MVP]

Feb 25, 2006, 1:07:29 PM2/25/06
Sorry - I just saw that you said that you have no CD available.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" <jl_p...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

John Ringoes

Mar 10, 2009, 11:44:13 AM3/10/09

I am getting the same message.

My DELL 640m came pre-installed with XP Pro and Office 2003; AND I
payed several hundred dollars extra for installation CDs.

The message, mine anyway, is due to trying to open an XLSX file. Which
is a WIN Mobile 6.0 office excel file from my verizon xv6800 phone/pda.
And this, only after Pro SP3 failed to recognize the extension and I had
to change the file properties of the file on my 640m to try to open it
with office excel.

Now I gotta rummage through my physical office in hopes of finding the
damn CDs! My PC being several years old now.

Wasted one hour and counting on this MS crap.

When will you guys at MS get it all together? And why can't you have
this STUFF available on the web to honest, licensed, nice guys like
myself just trying to get some honest work done? How do you expect
normal people to work through this BS? AND, in this case my honest work
is also life saving as this is the first time I used Mobile Excel to log
and track my blood sugar levels!

Bounce this problem to Ballmer -- let's see how he does with it!
DAMN YOU BILL GATES!

Ex- Exec VP - Mainframe Software Development Company

--
John Ringoes
John Ringoes's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/john-ringoes.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

db

Mar 10, 2009, 12:48:41 PM3/10/09
I'm sure your suggestions
are greatly appreciated and
will likely be filed in the "g"
bin.

--

db·´¯`·...¸><)))º>
DatabaseBen, Retired Professional

"share the nirvana" - dbZen

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bob I

Mar 10, 2009, 1:13:06 PM3/10/09
Just a few points about your post.

1. The several hundred dollars you paid Dell was for the license to use
the software-NOT the CD's.
2. Sounds like a compatibility issue, perhaps you didn't install the
2007 compatibility package Microsoft offered for download?
3. The CD's you received from Dell are YOUR responsibility.
4. Sounds like you may want to review your storage arrangements.
5. The wasted time was caused by.....?
6. You aren't addressing Microsoft, this is a peer-to-peer newsgroup,
just MS Office users.

Peter Foldes

Mar 10, 2009, 3:14:32 PM3/10/09
The CD's that you paid for and received from Dell is your responsibility along with
keeping Office Updated and currant

--
Peter

John Ringoes

Mar 10, 2009, 10:20:22 PM3/10/09

1) The several hundred dollars I chose to pay was so I would have a
license I could transfer to any future computer I might buy as opposed
to the OEM license that DELL 'sold' me in the price of the computer
which expires (dies) with that PC. This is something I have had to
explain to numerous DELL support experts over the years. (you should
see my verizon experience on educationg support staffers on my
myspace/ringoes_man blog)

2) All my software is up to date - to my dismay most often, as I
suspect that my XP SP3 has VISTA bugs in it now. This is based on the
slower reaction time from when I hit my keyboard keys and when I see the
results on my screen. I want to emphasise 'suspect'. Being a Physicist
by training I need to back out SP3 and re-test in order to confirm this.

3) True my CDs are my responsibility - and I guess you never misplaced
your house keys!? No to mention heard of, Murphy's law? I stumbled unto
this 2 year old bug soon after I moved and my physical office is still
not completely unpacked.

4) My storage arrangements? If you mean give up on MS ever producing a
working ActiveSynch? I did that a long time ago. Spread the word. If
you mean physical disk space. I have 8.5gig on my xv6800; and will be
adding 3TBs to my 4 desktops. RAM? 2GB. Accordig to MSs own taskmanger,
I have never hit 100%.

5) My hour was wasted by following all the dead-end 'did you try this'
advice on a host of MS Web Sites and MS Help files. Which is why I then
came here.

6) I am addressing MVP Microsoft who have always been MS employees.

The primary purpose of my posting was to correct the many
misconceptions, and bad advice posted by previous Microsoft MVPs and
alert forum readers of yet another 2 year old bug(s) in MS software yet
to be fixed.

The editorialising was my way of communicating the negative marketing
whirlwind, MS is creating with its endless stream of bugs to those MS
MVPs that do read this forum. Which I am sure they do. A whirlwind which
everyday drives more and more individuals and businesses to either APPLE
or UNIX.

I believe that all of that complies with the purpose of this forum. If
I am wrong I will be happy to leave.

[EOB]
[EOT]

This is my last communication on this issue.

Bob I

Mar 11, 2009, 12:08:07 PM3/11/09

John Ringoes wrote:

> 6) I am addressing MVP Microsoft who have always been MS employees.

Humm, wrong again. MS-MVPs are not and never (to my knowledge ) have
ever been MS employees.

> The primary purpose of my posting was to correct the many
> misconceptions, and bad advice posted by previous Microsoft MVPs and
> alert forum readers of yet another 2 year old bug(s) in MS software yet
> to be fixed.
>
> The editorialising was my way of communicating the negative marketing
> whirlwind, MS is creating with its endless stream of bugs to those MS
> MVPs that do read this forum. Which I am sure they do. A whirlwind which
> everyday drives more and more individuals and businesses to either APPLE
> or UNIX.

To my knowledge no single piece of commercial software has ever been
released without bugs. Since Microsoft continues to release new
software, new bugs will arrive. Apple and UNIX are the same way.

> I believe that all of that complies with the purpose of this forum. If
> I am wrong I will be happy to leave.

Mostly your post came off as another rant. And, also while we are
correcting miconceptions, this is a peer-to-peer newsgroup, not a forum.

JoAnn Paules

Mar 12, 2009, 10:44:48 AM3/12/09
I know we have some MVPs who have resigned and become Microsoft employees
but I've never heard of any that went the other way either.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Bob I" <bir...@yahoo.com> wrote in message