Outlook 2010 - Contact Activites Display - Tasks & Journal Missing

atulin

May 11, 2010, 3:45:02 PM5/11/10
I just upgraded to Office 2010. My Journal, Calendar, and Task items are set
to link to a contact. In Office 2007 when you open the contact and go to
Activities (Show:All Items) it would list all of the these items. In 2010
all I get are emails. If I swtich to Show: Contacts it will show linked
contacts but showing Journal and Upcoming Tasks/Appointments doesn't displace
any results. To make sure that it wasn't a difference in linking between
2007 and 2010 I have saved new tasks and appointments that are linked back to
the contact but they don't show up in the Activities display. This is a big
enough problem to make me switch back to 2007. Any suggestions?

Larry Rifken

May 12, 2010, 11:18:20 PM5/12/10

I am having the same issue. Reinstalled and it still behaves the same.
I am sorry to be harsh, but Microsoft is losing some if its luster.
This should not happen. This is a rather basic flaw and should have
been caught before release.

J.R. Cross

Jan 19, 2011, 4:40:28 PM1/19/11

The key to fixing this issue is to use the search feature to find your
contact information. Configuring the search feature properly will allow
Outlook to find all emails, journal entries, notes, sent items and
tasks. Try the following steps to see if this will resolve the issues.
It took me a few days but I am now able to find all this information
that will not show in Contacts under the Activities button.

1. Click folder list icon in the bottom left corner of Outlook.
2. Click Contacts
3. Make sure that the "List" view is selected
4. click in the search box and look up top to see the Search Tool
option become available
5. Click "search Tools" and Select "Search Option"
6. Choose the radio button "All Folders" instead of Current folder
7. Click "Ok"
8. Attempt to search for a contact and their name as well as their
journal entries, notes, sent items and emails will show up.

Note: If this still doesn't work attempt to open search options again
and click "indexing options". Click the "Advanced" button and click the
"Rebuild" button. This should fix a windows searching issue that could
cause the problem also.

Peter Foldes

Jan 20, 2011, 10:10:18 AM1/20/11
Aw gee. I did not know it was this easy to fix my kids old Commodore computer. Will
the fix work????

--
Peter
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"J.R. Cross" <J.R.Cros...@no.email.invalid> wrote in message

Zoolook

Jan 20, 2011, 7:39:27 PM1/20/11
On 20/01/2011 15:10, Peter Foldes wrote:
> Aw gee. I did not know it was this easy to fix my kids old Commodore
> computer. Will the fix work????

You could try an emulator... but this is going off topic now lol

--
How quickly daft jumping zebras vex.

Peter Foldes

Jan 20, 2011, 7:52:54 PM1/20/11
ROFLMAO. Woooooosh,my post flew by you like the wind.

--
Peter
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Zoolook" <mr.zo...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Zoolook

Jan 20, 2011, 8:14:24 PM1/20/11
On 21/01/2011 00:52, Peter Foldes wrote:
> ROFLMAO. Woooooosh,my post flew by you like the wind.

Actually, I think my reply flew past you... :/

--
Whenever the black fox jumped the squirrel gazed suspiciously.

subby

Feb 10, 2011, 9:10:52 AM2/10/11

Finally - I found it (a way to find all items in outlook in one view)
thanks to your post... the thing I was missing is in the search bar, as
you follow your instructions below, Outlook 2010 comes up with a tab
with "ALL OUTLOOK ITEMS" in a section called 'scope' This, brings up all
items ,, finally.. thanks for helping get there. Anthony.

01-21-2011 01:10 AM
Peter Foldes
Re: Outlook 2010 - Contact Activites Display - Tasks & Journal Missing

Aw gee. I did not know it was this easy to fix my kids old Commodore
computer. Will
the fix work????

--

Peter
rights.
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

astro46

Jul 7, 2011, 7:43:09 PM7/7/11

i have had the same problem (and apparently many others continue to have
it) with ol10 not displaying journal items, recorded in ol07.

i have tried changing the search options as mentioned, but still when
opening a contacting and clicking on activities, or using the people
pane>activities, nothing is listed (eg: phone calls).

any more possible solutions to this issue?

rosyoutlook

Apr 3, 2015, 5:56:40 AM4/3/15
Don't know if it has been fixed yet, but I had the same problem with a clean install of Outlook 2010. My solution was to remove (uninstall Outlook 2010), then I installed my old Outlook 2003 (which ahs the activities functionality, then installed 2010 over the top (without uninstalling 2003) this gave me the activities function in 2010.