Office Live Addin Problem

Rev. Michael L. Burns

Dec 8, 2007, 2:49:00 AM12/8/07
I just installed the Office Live Addin. I am using Office 2007 and the new
menu options are installed. When I try to go to office Live from any Office
application with IE7 as my default browser it tells me that I have an
incompatable browser. IE7 is set as my default browser and has been working
fine and has all the latest security updates, etc. If I use Firefox as my
default browser it opens the page as expected.

If I go to http://officelivecommunity.com/default.aspx (using IE7) instead
of using the office addin and click on the link to go to Office Live in the
upper right corner I get an error message telling me that I have to have IE6,
IE7 or Firefox 2 as my browser and the link in the address box tells me that
I am using an incompatible browser. As mentioned above, IE7 is my default
browser and seems to be working fine otherwise.

I have uninstalled IE7 and reinstalled it to no avail. Any ideas?

Michael

Bob Buckland ?:-) At Beautiful Downtown

Dec 8, 2007, 7:31:10 AM12/8/07
Hi Michael,

Are you using Norton Internent Security or equivalent? Some of those programs will give out false information on the browser you're
using and can cause those symptoms.

==============
<<"Rev. Michael L. Burns" <RevMicha...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Michael>>
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Rev. Michael L. Burns

Dec 9, 2007, 11:41:01 PM12/9/07
Bob,

I'm actually using Microsoft's Live OneCare Security Suite. I look into that
and post my findings.

Michael

Rev. Michael L. Burns

Dec 9, 2007, 11:58:00 PM12/9/07
Bob,

I disabled Live OneCare and the symtoms are the same. No problem when using
Firefox as my default browser but when IE7 is the default I cannot get into
Office Live, keep getting a message telling me that I am using an
incompatable browser, that it has to be IE6, IE7 or Firefox.

I have no problem using IE7 to access and use other Live products in IE7,
only Office Live.

Michael