How to delete dashboard Bing history?

Sailor

Dec 1, 2009, 11:51:01 AM12/1/09
Does anyone know how you delete search history from the bing box in the MSN
dashboard? Tried deleting cookies, temp files, form history, etc. and ran CC
Cleaner program without success.

StephenB

Dec 1, 2009, 6:51:50 PM12/1/09
This is a stab in the dark, but may work - I haven't tested it.
Highlight the entries and press the delete key - it may require the key press
for each "remembered" entry.
I haven't spent much time with the new MSN 10 yet, and it isn't on this PC, so
I'm really speculating.
Have you checked under Settings in MSN Explorer to see if there are any options
listed for clearing search history?
-steve

Sailor <Sai...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

--
Stephen Boots
MVP Windows Live

BeritB [MSFT]

Dec 1, 2009, 7:29:01 PM12/1/09
Greetings,

There is not an option within MSN Explorer to do this, however, it is an
interesting suggestion, especially as folks do their holiday shopping. Thank
you for bringing it to our attention.

Now, for the slightly more useful part of my post:
1) The search history is specific to the MSN account, so anyone who signs
into MSN Explorer with a different account will not see your history.
2) The search history is limited to the last 5 searches, so if you need to
"clear" a search term you can just search for 5 random words and the list
will be fully refreshed.

We may be able to provide a script to clear these values. If you feel this
would be a useful tool, then please respond back.

Take care,
Berit Benson
Community Learder, MSN Explorer and Internet Access

...winston

Dec 2, 2009, 2:58:11 AM12/2/09
It certainly would be useful...especially since typo graphical errors may be in a prior search. To require 5 additional data
entries to clear the last undesired entry, while a work around, still may create 5 more undesired entries.

--
...winston
ms-mvp mail

Sailor

Dec 2, 2009, 9:48:01 AM12/2/09
Berit-

Thanks for the information (and confirmation that I was not missing
something obvious :) ).

I did try the "delete" key as suggested, as this works on the webpage search
engines.

For the most part, I am the only user of this computer. However,
occasionally I will let one of my children use it for Skype or similar
(supervised). I had some medical care searches, and don't necessarily want
them to stumble across those entries.

I would think that a way to clear this register would be useful.

Cheers

BeritB [MSFT]

Dec 18, 2009, 6:53:01 PM12/18/09
Greetings,

We have a beta version of this tool available. If you would like to email
me at my microsoft.com address (beritb), I would be glad to have you try it
out and give us your feedback.

Thank you,
Berit

Weemann

Mar 1, 2010, 6:22:01 PM3/1/10
Click on the little arrow beside the search window for a drop down menu,
choose manage search providers, highlight Bing in right pane, choose disable
suggestions in bottom pane and there you go ;P worked for me.

THE--GREEK

May 22, 2010, 6:04:01 PM5/22/10

I HAVE FOUND THE WAY TO CLEAR HISTORY FROM BING BOX ON MSN EXPLORER. ALL YOU
DO IS CLICK INSIDE THE BOX, THAN WHEN YOU SEE THE SITES VISITED POINT UR
MOUSE ARROW ON ONE OF THEM-ONCE HIGHLIGHTED PROCEED AND HOLD DOWN CTRL KEY-DO
NOT RELEASE IT-THAN START HITTING THE DELETE BUTTON ON YOUR KEYBOARD-YOU WILL
SEE ALL THE PREVIOUS LINKS DISSAPEAR, KEEP ON DOING THE SAME PROCEDURE TILL
THEY ARE ALL GONE, PLEASE LRT ME KNOW IF THIS WORKS! THANK YOU, JOHN

StephenB

May 22, 2010, 8:16:27 PM5/22/10
Check your keyboard for a key marks CAPS LOCK and toggle it *off*.
Typing in all capital letters is akin to shouting.
That said, thanks for sharing your discovery. I am understanding you to say that
hihglighting each entry and pressing CTRL and DEL at the same time deletes them
in MSN Explore search history.
-steve

THE--GREEK <THE--...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

dondev54

Aug 1, 2010, 5:30:03 AM8/1/10

"Sailor" wrote:

Click on orange box at end of search bar. Open Search History and click on
Turn Off.

Tx@discussions.microsoft.com James Tx

Aug 29, 2010, 3:37:03 PM8/29/10
Yes, I just fugured it out. CliCk on the bing and when the unwanted
suggestions (of past visits, pop up) simple point your arrow at any
suggestion, and it will light up blue, (do not Clik on it or highlight it or
anything) simply hit the delete button on your keyboard! Your welCome! James

gpasa...@gmail.com

Sep 25, 2014, 3:04:38 PM9/25/14
On Saturday, May 22, 2010 6:04:01 PM UTC-4, THE--GREEK wrote:
> I HAVE FOUND THE WAY TO CLEAR HISTORY FROM BING BOX ON MSN EXPLORER. ALL YOU DO IS CLICK INSIDE THE BOX, THAN WHEN YOU SEE THE SITES VISITED POINT UR MOUSE ARROW ON ONE OF THEM-ONCE HIGHLIGHTED PROCEED AND HOLD DOWN CTRL KEY-DO NOT RELEASE IT-THAN START HITTING THE DELETE BUTTON ON YOUR KEYBOARD-YOU WILL SEE ALL THE PREVIOUS LINKS DISSAPEAR, KEEP ON DOING THE SAME PROCEDURE TILL THEY ARE ALL GONE, PLEASE LRT ME KNOW IF THIS WORKS! THANK YOU, JOHN > > Does anyone know how you delete search history from the bing box in the MSN > > dashboard? Tried deleting cookies, temp files, form history, etc. and ran CC > > Cleaner program without success.

Thank you, it worked like a charm, Cheers