msn messenger unable to remove a contact

1 view

media

Sep 25, 2007, 8:26:21 AM9/25/07
when removing a contact from the msn messenger chat, I receive an
error "msn messenger the server was unable to remove the user from
your contact list, please try again." this is the windows LIVE
messenger service on MSN Messenger. This is version 6.0.3 for Mac OS.

Ideas?

PA Bear

Sep 25, 2007, 12:43:09 PM9/25/07
You can post your query to this Windows Live Messenger-specific newsgroup:
microsoft.public.windows.live.messenger

On the web:
http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.windows.live.messenger

In your newsreader:

--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net

stevegr1102

Oct 30, 2007, 4:00:00 PM10/30/07
Hey - same problem here. Can find nothing anywhere on the net about how to
fix this. I've upgraded to 6.03 (Macintosh) Same thing. I believe that if
I sign in on a Windows PC, I still cannot remove contacts.

Microsoft, wherefore art thou. Been 30 days since this first post. What's up?

Thanks for any help

stevegr1102

Oct 30, 2007, 4:17:00 PM10/30/07
Correction - when I sign in on a windows machine using MSN Messenger, my
contacts list does not display the deleted people. However, on the Mac
client 6.03, they remain. So, either the server keeps history (which I hope
it does not) of prior state of my buddy list; OR the Mac application has them
stashed someplace and is not syncronizing properly with the server.

...winston

Oct 30, 2007, 11:18:08 PM10/30/07
Microsoft is not present in this forum nor is anyone in this forum
employed by same.
Did you post your question to the recommended newsgroup where other
volunteers using Messenger may have experienced similar. The link is
below included in the prior post.

--
...winston
MS-MVP Windows Live Mail

"stevegr1102" <steve...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

hyunkyukim

Jan 12, 2009, 5:53:26 PM1/12/09
get the newest version (7.something)
and in the login panel, do "clear account history"
(this doesn't clear chat history, so don't worry)

then it cleans up id's, passwords, and also it makes your account cleaner I guess.

Then you should be able to delete contacts.

it worked for me.

http://www.eggheadcafe.com/default.aspx?ref=ng

...winston

Jan 13, 2009, 9:37:41 PM1/13/09
????
There has not been a new 7 version of MSN or Messenger for some time.

--
...winston
ms-mvp mail