MOM error message 21245

Norbert RAVARANI

Dec 9, 2002, 3:07:12 AM12/9/02
I'm getting the following message:
The response processor failed to execute a response. The
response returned the error message: An interface has too
many methods to fire events from.

Response description: Agent-side script.

Anybody has a clue what this means ?

Lee Delahay

Dec 9, 2002, 5:24:26 AM12/9/02
Have you got a teamed network card?
I've had this error last week and am investigating it now. When I've
switched teaming off and disable one of the ports then I get no errors. The
complication is that this only happens when the agent is on a computer which
is not in the same domain as the DCAM.
??? I'm continuing to investigate.

"Norbert RAVARANI" <norbert....@cec.eu.int> wrote in message

Larry

Dec 9, 2002, 12:16:27 PM12/9/02
Are you running NetIQ software ??

>.

Norbert Ravarani

Dec 10, 2002, 2:29:39 AM12/10/02
We are running NetIQ AppManager on the same server as the
MOM Consolidator.
>.

Norbert Ravarani

Dec 10, 2002, 2:31:19 AM12/10/02
All our monitored servers have teamed Network cards. The
message started appearing after we introduced a new
script for security event analysis.
>.

Crazy Cold Canuk

Dec 10, 2002, 8:48:29 AM12/10/02
Norbert-

There should be a corresponding event in the NT log that should tell you
what script is causing this issue.

Cheers.

Ugo Corti
Senior NetIQ Consultant

Larry

Dec 10, 2002, 7:11:25 PM12/10/02
>.
>I have been receiving the same error in my MOM
environment. When I take my server agents out of computer
groups that belong to NetIQ:: I do not get the message
from that point on. As soon as I put the servers back
into the computer groups I get the error.
I have an open ticket with NetIQ for my issue - One I get
a response I'll update you to see if it follows your
problem.

LDC

Nissim Ben-Maor [MVP]

Dec 12, 2002, 4:16:21 AM12/12/02
Hi Norbert,
This error indicates that you created new script by defining him as a
"custom" script, without specifying which language MOM should use while
executing it.
My first guess that it is a "batch command line" that you created.
Please check out which scripts added lately that were specify to run in the
Agent side, and take a look at the script properties.

Hope it helps,

--
Regards,
Nissim Ben-Maor