The service terminated unexpectedly. Alert Id: 4a133aca-ed62-4f6e

DD3825...@discussions.microsoft.com

Jan 17, 2007, 1:21:02 PM1/17/07
Hello there I am getting MULTIPLE messages like this:
" The TSM Client Scheduler service terminated with service-specific error 12
(0xC). & The TSM Client Scheduler service terminated with service-specific
error 4 (0x4). "

Is there any specific place I can look to get these resolved,,,
Thanks
--
Darryl A Daniels

Anders Bengtsson

Jan 17, 2007, 1:34:17 PM1/17/07
Hi

Do you get this in MOM?
Which management pack is generating that alert?

Regards
Anders Bengtsson [MCSE, MCSA, MCP] | anders AT contoso.se | http://www.contoso.se
[ENG]

MOMUser

Jan 17, 2007, 2:22:58 PM1/17/07
hi

the Error 4 from the TSM Client is a know Error that mean you can ignore the
Message
the Errro 12 is a real error and you need to go to the server and look into
the backup.log
for the TSM Agent

klaus

BTW I run in the same ERROR and build a regular expression to display only
the the "real" error

"DD3...@SBC.COM" <DD3825...@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag news:B38E1644-958A-4F4F...@microsoft.com...

David Tyra

Jan 17, 2007, 7:52:25 PM1/17/07
Greetings,

The Error 4 and Error 12 correspond to exit codes for the TSM Client
Scheduler process. Error 4 indicates that the TSM backup was successful
with warnings. Generally, these will occur when TSM tries to backup a
file that is open, though there are other reasons it can happen. As the
previous writer noted, error 12 is much more serious, indicating that a
fatal error occurred that prevented the TSM backup process from
completing. In the past, for a client that used TSM to backup several
hundred MOM agents every night, we modified the "service terminated
unexpectedly" rule so it ignored TSM Client Scheduler terminating with
error codes 4 or 8.

Regards,

David Tyra

Sanjevan

Mar 23, 2007, 2:30:10 PM3/23/07
I don't know if anyone's looking at this post anymore, but can someone tell
me how to rule out Error 4 & 8. David said he did it, but did not tell how. I
would appreciate it if someone did tell me how.

Anders Bengtsson

Mar 24, 2007, 4:27:23 PM3/24/07
Hi

You can create advanced criteria and sort out all desciptions including
"error 4" and "error 12".
Change criteria on that rule, or create a new, and disable the old one.

--

Regards
Anders Bengtsson [MCSE:Security, MCSA:Messaging] | http://www.contoso.se

"Sanjevan" <Sanj...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Sanjevan

Mar 27, 2007, 9:12:24 PM3/27/07
I apologize, I should have said "what is the syntax used to filter out these
two particular events?" and thanks for replying to my post.