跳至第一个未读帖子

Mi...@officeformac.com

未读,
2008年4月18日 20:09:442008/4/18
收件人
Version: 2008
Processor: Power PC

Hi,
I installed cleanly office for student/home on my PowerBook G4 today. The full version apparently installed OK (though I didnt run to check it). It then did an auto update and downloaded an updated autoupdater, then preceeded to download 12.0.1. I then went through the process of updating this download and near the end of the process (after password input), it gives me an install Failed error. The specific message is:

The following install step failed: run preflight script for Quit Microsoft Applications. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

MikeG

p.s. i went back and ran office and confirmed that 12.0.0 indeed works (at least Entourage does).

Diane Ross

未读,
2008年4月18日 20:38:442008/4/18
收件人
On 4/18/08 5:09 44PM, in article ee98e...@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw,
"Mi...@officeformac.com" <Mi...@officeformac.com> wrote:

> I installed cleanly office for student/home on my PowerBook G4 today. The full
> version apparently installed OK (though I didnt run to check it). It then did
> an auto update and downloaded an updated autoupdater, then preceeded to
> download 12.0.1. I then went through the process of updating this download and
> near the end of the process (after password input), it gives me an install
> Failed error. The specific message is:
>
> The following install step failed: run preflight script for Quit Microsoft
> Applications. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.

This is not a MSFT error. See #2.

<http://www.entourage.mvps.org/faq/2008.html#new9>

--
Diane

Mi...@officeformac.com

未读,
2008年4月18日 22:36:232008/4/18
收件人
Hi Diane,
Thanks for the info. I've downloaded the update and tried installing several times from the 'safe mode" shift key startup. I keep getting the same error message. When I run activity monitor, I see a number of "My Processes" that I don't know anything about. Are some of these more suspect than others? They include mdworker, MS Database Daemon, various agents, and several UI programs, plus others.

TIA,
Mike G

Diane Ross

未读,
2008年4月19日 20:14:182008/4/19
收件人
On 4/18/08 7:36 23PM, in article ee98...@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw,
"Mi...@officeformac.com" <Mi...@officeformac.com> wrote:

I suspect that your base system files might be the problem. You might need
to download the combo updater from Apple and run it again rather than using
Software Update. Doing so overwrites potentially problem-causing files.
Several users have reported this fixed some odd problems they were having
with Office. Combo updaters will install on the same version as theyąre
applying‹no need to roll back or do a clean install. See links below. It's
possible you might need to do an "Archive & Install" to fix your system
files.

Also when installing Office follow these steps:
1. use "Remove Office"
2. install from CD
3. restart
4. run AutoUpdater (this will get the latest updater. The original 12.0.1
had problems and was replaced with a new 12.0.1)
5. restart

See this article for details:
<http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/2008/03/new_installer_for_1201.html>
Or use Tiny URL:
<http://tinyurl.com/3ld2qv>

Combo Updater:
Leopard:

Mac OS X 10.5.2 Combo Update (This update delivers several improvements for
both PowerPC- and Intel-based Macs )
<http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/macosx1052comboupdate.html>

Tiger:

Mac OS X 10.4.11 Combo Update (PPC)
<http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/macosx10411comboupdateppc.html>

Mac OS X 10.4.11 Combo Update (Intel)

<http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/macosx10411updateintel.html>

--
Diane

Mi...@officeformac.com

未读,
2008年4月20日 09:08:342008/4/20
收件人
Hi Diane,
Thanks again for the info. I must be dense, but when I try to run the 10.5.2 combo update it tells me that my HD does not meet the requirements for this update? Not sure what I'm doing wrong.
Thanks again,
MikeG

Diane Ross

未读,
2008年4月20日 20:29:482008/4/20
收件人
On 4/20/08 6:08 34AM, in article ee98...@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw,
"Mi...@officeformac.com" <Mi...@officeformac.com> wrote:

> Thanks again for the info. I must be dense, but when I try to run the 10.5.2
> combo update it tells me that my HD does not meet the requirements for this
> update? Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Under the Blue Apple in the menu bar, do you see 10.5?

This is the first case of not having a combo updater work. You might need to
do an "Archive & Install" or "Erase & Install" of Leopard.

Archive and Install

1) Insert the Mac OS X Install Disc and double-click the Install Mac OS X
icon.

2) Follow the onscreen instructions. In the pane where you select the
destination disk, select your current Mac OS X disk (in most cases, it will
be the only one available).

3) Click Options. If you want to save your existing files, users, and
network settings, select łArchive and Install,˛ and then select łPreserve
Users and Network Settings.˛ If you want to erase everything on your
computer and reinstall Mac OS X, select łErase and Install.˛ You canąt
recover erased data.

4) Click Continue.

5) Click Customize to select which parts of Mac OS X youąd like to install,
or click Install to perform a basic installation (recommended).

Once the install has finished, your system will be at whatever level the
disk you have is. So if your Install DVD/CD disk is 10.5.0, that's what
version of OS will be on your Mac. You will need to download the appropriate
Combo Updater from Apple's site to restore the system to a higher version.
After you run the combo, allow Software Update to download and install any
additional updates.

--
Diane

Mi...@officeformac.com

未读,
2008年4月21日 15:22:042008/4/21
收件人
Thanks Diane,
You are an angel. I reinstalled with the save settings check box, then retried and voila! Thanks for you help with my problem!
Mike G

Diane Ross

未读,
2008年4月21日 19:50:522008/4/21
收件人
On 4/21/08 12:22 04PM, in article ee98...@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw,
"Mi...@officeformac.com" <Mi...@officeformac.com> wrote:

> You are an angel. I reinstalled with the save settings check box, then retried
> and voila! Thanks for you help with my problem!

Glad we got you working again. Most people don't want to hear they need to
do an "Archive & Install" but sometimes this is the only thing that will fix
the problem short of "Erase & Install". Now that is work!

--
Diane

0 个新帖子