Error: "Unexpected.. load the Microsoft Framework Library"

ozbe...@hotmail.com

Apr 26, 2006, 9:51:12 AM4/26/06
G'day Folks,

I know this issue has come up for quite a few people, and reading
through some of postings appears that some people have managed to fix
it, but I cant...

Whenever starting Word, Excel, Powerpoint (I dont use Entourage...) I
get the "An unexpected error occurred while trying to load the
Microsoft Framework library." error - and then the program continues to
function ok (most of the time).

OSX 10.4.6
Office 2004

Have tried Office uninstall (+ manual removal of all
.microsoft.plists), empty trash, repair permissions (disk utility),
restart, repair disk permissions, reinstall Office 2004, repair
permissions, restart, download updates, repair permissions, restart...

Checked permissions on user/library/Preferences/Microsoft/ ... all
microsoft pref files - permissions are set to me (read + write) - I'm
admin...

But still the error persists...

Any suggestions? I'm at my wits ends with it...

Many thanks,

Ian

Michel Bintener

Apr 26, 2006, 10:14:31 AM4/26/06

as far as I can remember, removing Office seems to solve the problem for
many people. You mention uninstalling Office and manually removing the
.plist files, which suggests that you haven't removed Office correctly, but
only manually deleted it. Try the entire procedure again, only this time,
use the uninstaller provided by Microsoft (Applications/Microsoft Office
2004/Additional Tools/Remove Office). See if that does the trick.

On 26.04.06 14:51, in article
1146059472.6...@g10g2000cwb.googlegroups.com,
"ozbe...@hotmail.com" <ozbe...@hotmail.com> wrote:

--
Michel Bintener
Microsoft MVP

***Always reply to the newsgroup.***

ozbe...@hotmail.com

Apr 26, 2006, 8:37:51 PM4/26/06
G'Day Michael,

No, I unistalled correctly - sorry if that was unclear. Used the
"remove office" tool - repaired permissions - restarted - safe mode
boot - reinstalled Office - repaired permissions - reboot - downloaded
upgrade - installed - repaired permissions - reboot...

Still no joy... same error...

Michel Bintener

Apr 27, 2006, 4:27:24 AM4/27/06
Since you've already done some research, I suppose you have come across the
following website:
http://www.entourage.mvps.org/error/page.html#error_framework

Apart from that, there's nothing else I can do for you, sorry.

On 27.04.06 1:37, in article
1146098271....@v46g2000cwv.googlegroups.com,
"ozbe...@hotmail.com" <ozbe...@hotmail.com> wrote:

ozbe...@hotmail.com

Apr 27, 2006, 9:43:26 PM4/27/06
Ok - I created a new user account on my machine - and the error is now
gone when launching MS Office apps from the new account. Seems to have
been something corrupt in the old user account - not sure what though
as all the permissions etc were as they were supposed to be and a full
clean install was completed (several times)...

So, for those of you with this same problem that is unresolvable using
the normal procedures recommended, this may be your best option.

I'll now log in as /root and manually move my work files accross to the
new account before deleting the old account. It a bit of a pain, but at
least the "framework" error hasnt reappeared at this point. More
postings later, if it does raise its head again!

Cheers,

Ian

judi...@aol.com

May 1, 2006, 9:10:38 PM5/1/06
Thank you thank you for the idea!!

I was able to fix the "An unexpected error occurred while trying to
load the Microsoft Framework Library" in Word and Powerpoint in Mac
Office 2004 on imac Intel (OS10.4.6).

The registration name on the Office has to be identical to the user
name on the mac, e.g. John A. Smith III not John Smith. I deleted then
reinstalled the software and used the full user name in registration.

Then, if the error message still pops up, go to System
Preferences/Accounts, put in a second user and give him Admin status,
disable auto login, then restart and log in as the new user. Delete
the original user name which is probably corrupted. Be sure to check
OK to save his files (you'll find them in Users/deleted users). Then
restart (just to make sure) and enter the original users name back in
to the Accounts with Admin status. Restart and sign in as the original
user. Restore personal files. This should fix the pop-up error
message problem.

At least it did for me.

dfri...@hotmail.com

May 2, 2006, 1:41:04 PM5/2/06

This brings up something odd that happened to me when I tried to remove
the Office 2004 test drive from my recently purchased MacBook Pro. I
ran the office uninstaller program, and it didn't see any copies of
Office on the computer (Office test drive was there in the Applications
folder). I tried moving the app to the applications folder (from the
test drive folder) and it still didn't see any copies of Office. Worse
yet, when I clicked on the next button, it told me that I had selected
no copies of Office to remove. I then manually removed the Office Test
Drive folder, and installed my copy of Office Student and Teacher
Edition, and everything was OK. Could it have been because I never ran
any of the office apps on the MacBook Pro before I tried to uninstall
Office?
--
Dave Fritzinger
Honolulu, HI

jorgede...@prodigy.net.mx

May 2, 2006, 7:36:54 PM5/2/06
Hi

I solved the problem by simply downloading the latest version of Office
2004 (11.3.2) but if this dont work then you simply locate the
framework file in the application folder and erase it. With this, the
error message stops appearing but you will not be able to launch the
entourage application.

Try updating first and see if that solves the problem.

Popietat

Deano41

Jun 29, 2006, 1:31:57 AM6/29/06

People, the error is caused by the latest version of Office (with SP2
addition) having been loaded prior to re-loading or adding an older
version of Office to your PC. In the case of a trial version on new Mac
Pro laptops, SP2 is part of the new test drive version. When you dump it
rather than a proper de-install (this takes some doing) some SP2 data
remains that corrupts the operation the older Office version you now
try to load. Some of you (Popietat) have found new software does it and
this is because it contains SP2. The issue of this error arising ONLY
occurs when there has be previously loaded software removed and an
older version replaces it.

Entourage will not function when this occurs unlike Word, Excel and
Powerpoint which still operate under this condition.

For those of you still having issues, simply download Service Pack 2
for Office 2004. This will fix both the error message and Entourage
itself.

Deano41

--
Deano41