Arrow keys not working

killerpe...@officeformac.com

Jul 26, 2009, 5:06:31 PM7/26/09
Version: 2008
Processor: Intel

my up goes down, right goes to the beginning of each work, left goes right, and down goes to the top of the paragraph. please help. language is still set as english.

fl...@officeformac.com

Jul 27, 2009, 2:05:50 AM7/27/09
To check it's not a generic keyboard problem, verify that this only happens in word.

CyberTaz

Jul 27, 2009, 8:45:24 AM7/27/09
As "flair" suggested, check what the behavior is in other programs. Word
does nothing to modify the behavior of those keys so there is no setting or
Preference to change. Even if it were a RTL language issue the up/down
arrows shouldn't be affected... nor should left/right for that matter. It
sounds more like you may have a stuck Option key.

--
HTH |:>)
Bob Jones

<killerpe...@officeformac.com> wrote in message

killerpe...@officeformac.com

Jul 27, 2009, 10:53:38 AM7/27/09
arrows work fin in indesign and firefox. still messed up in word

CyberTaz

Jul 27, 2009, 11:08:42 AM7/27/09
Then more information is needed:

What is your exact update level of Office 2008?

Have you tried restarting the program? Restarting your Mac? What happens if
you launch Word while holding the Shift Key... do the arrow keys behave the
same way?

Is this occurring in one specific document or in all documents?

Are any other Office programs affected?

--
Regards |:>)

Bob Jones
Office:Mac MVP

killerpe...@officeformac.com

Jul 27, 2009, 11:27:28 AM7/27/09
word version 12.2.0, i've quit word, shut down my computer, restarted, tried the shift thing, didn't work. happens in all documents, even new ones. works fine in powerpoint.

CyberTaz

Jul 27, 2009, 5:44:05 PM7/27/09
Then I would have to lean toward either a corrupt Normal.dotm or possibly a
corrupt .plist file. Try the suggestions offered here for testing each:

http://word.mvps.org/mac/MacWordNormal.html

HTH |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 7/27/09 11:27 AM, in article 59b78...@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw,
"killerpe...@officeformac.com" <killerpe...@officeformac.com>

killerpe...@officeformac.com

Jul 28, 2009, 2:48:09 PM7/28/09
tested for teh corrupt plist and it was that. so it works now. i just removed the 3 files they suggested, then let it reupdate. thanks!!!

CyberTaz

Jul 28, 2009, 11:05:35 PM7/28/09
No problem � thanks fro the confirmation.

Regards |:>)

Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 7/28/09 2:48 PM, in article 59b78...@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw,
wrote:

> tested for teh corrupt plist and it was that. so it works now. i just removed

david...@gmail.com

Dec 7, 2013, 3:39:17 AM12/7/13
killerpe...@officeformac.com於 2009年7月27日星期一UTC+8上午5時06分31秒寫道:
Well, I have a different problem on OS X 10.8.5. The keys give me four different Japanese characters instead of four directions. I have Google Japanese IME installed.