image in a two-column layout

Mac...@officeformac.com

Oct 19, 2009, 7:07:54 PM10/19/09
Version: 2008
Processor: Intel

Hello there,
I'd like to know if there is a way to have a image wide as the entire page in a two-column layout document.
When I try to stretch the image over the column limit the right part is not visible.

Thanks

Sig

John McGhie

Oct 19, 2009, 8:23:52 PM10/19/09
Yes, it's possible, but it is not a "good" design.

You can float the image either in front of or behind the text.

But it would be a much more reliable design if you were to add a section
break to end your two-column layout, add your picture in single column, and
add a section break below it to resume your two-column layout.

That way you will be able to balance your columns properly, and you do not
risk text disappearing behind the picture.

Cheers

On 20/10/09 10:07 AM, in article 59b7e...@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw,
"Mac...@officeformac.com" <Mac...@officeformac.com> wrote:

matters unless you intend to pay!

McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd
Sydney, Australia. | Ph: +61 (0)4 1209 1410
+61 4 1209 1410, mailto:jo...@mcghie.name