Can't edit footnotes

jas...@officeformac.com

Nov 20, 2008, 6:33:30 PM11/20/08
Version: 2008
Processor: Intel

I have a document that contains footnotes. When I try and edit them, I can highlight the text, but as soon as I try and insert the cursor it jumps back to the beginning of the first word in the footnote. It won't allow me to change any of the text, it just keeps jumping back. I've trashed my prefs and reinstalled but it has not solved the problem. I've ruled out the document because I am able to edit the footnotes normally on other machines in our office running the same version of office. Any ideas?

I am running office 12.1.4

Thanks

CyberTaz

Nov 21, 2008, 6:46:59 AM11/21/08
On the system with the problem go to Word Preferences> Edit & make sure the
box is checked for "Typing replaces selection".

HTH |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 11/20/08 6:33 PM, in article 59b63...@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw,