Top of Word document window hidden beneath top menu

joekmoch

Sep 21, 2010, 4:43:33 PM9/21/10
I have a Word document that I can't see the top of because it's
behind
the top menu bar. I cannot see the 3 horizontal "lights" to do
anything with it. There's no place I can grab to move it down.
This
may be an OSX problem, but it only occurs with Word - this happened
one other time until I deleted the file. I'd rather not do that.
Thanks in advance for your help.

Patty Winter

Sep 21, 2010, 11:37:13 PM9/21/10

In article <df33218b-baee-4498...@k30g2000vbn.googlegroups.com>,

joekmoch <j...@jkmoch.com> wrote:
>I have a Word document that I can't see the top of because it's
>behind
>the top menu bar. I cannot see the 3 horizontal "lights" to do
>anything with it. There's no place I can grab to move it down.

Under the menu bar, or under one of Word's formatting bars? I don't
see how any document window slip under the menu bar unless something
is really going wonky with Word or OS X.

Patty

Sara

Sep 22, 2010, 5:24:30 AM9/22/10
In article <4c9979e9$0$1647$742e...@news.sonic.net>,
Patty Winter <pat...@wintertime.com> wrote:

It can happen if someone with a different resoluation screen has opened
and saved the document, it happens here sometimes.

Luckily, it's a easy fix: go to the Window menu and select 'zoom
window', that will resize it to fit your acreen.

--
Sara

Run out of ideas for a sig for the moment

bradley....@gmail.com

May 29, 2013, 12:48:39 PM5/29/13
This was a great help! So simple, and yet profound. :-) Thank you!

bake...@aol.com

Nov 3, 2013, 11:33:26 AM11/3/13
Thank you very much. This was a quick and simple fix to an infrequent and frustrating problem.

caba...@gmail.com

Sep 5, 2014, 2:21:14 PM9/5/14
Awesome help and still relevant :)

calis...@gmail.com

Oct 5, 2014, 4:44:05 PM10/5/14
I have always run into this problem, that zoom window tip helped so much! Saved so much frustration!!

sullivan...@gmail.com

Jan 3, 2015, 9:35:18 PM1/3/15
Great help! I've been frustrated with this for a year. Fabulous.

schra...@gmail.com

Mar 20, 2015, 11:01:36 AM3/20/15
Thank you for this help!

lazhar...@gmail.com

Sep 3, 2015, 5:14:52 PM9/3/15
On Tuesday, September 21, 2010 at 4:43:33 PM UTC-4, joekmoch wrote:
Thank you! That was driving me nuts!

mpbr...@gmail.com

Oct 16, 2015, 6:24:25 AM10/16/15
Bless you.

gaily...@gmail.com

Dec 13, 2015, 4:24:33 PM12/13/15

> It can happen if someone with a different resoluation screen has opened
> and saved the document, it happens here sometimes.
>
> Luckily, it's a easy fix: go to the Window menu and select 'zoom
> window', that will resize it to fit your acreen.
>
> --
> Sara
>
> Run out of ideas for a sig for the moment

Thank you!!!! This has been driving me iNSANE!!!

sabine...@gmail.com

Dec 15, 2015, 3:57:43 PM12/15/15
thank you Patty/Sara!

neil....@gmail.com

Feb 6, 2016, 4:27:13 PM2/6/16
On Tuesday, September 21, 2010 at 4:43:33 PM UTC-4, joekmoch wrote:
Thank you Sara! Worked like a charm.

bigwi...@gmail.com

Feb 12, 2016, 10:17:39 AM2/12/16
Thank you! This has been driving me crazy for years!

melissam...@gmail.com

Feb 22, 2016, 1:44:44 PM2/22/16
On Wednesday, September 22, 2010 at 5:24:30 AM UTC-4, Sara wrote:
> In article <4c9979e9$0$1647$742e...@news.sonic.net>,
> Patty Winter <pat...@wintertime.com> wrote:

Thank you!!!!!

rmorr...@gmail.com

Apr 6, 2016, 3:52:19 PM4/6/16
This is an old post, but if anyone happens across this...I am having the same problem, but when I click on "window" the "zoom" option is greyed out (as is "arrange all" which is another fix I had read about). SO frustrating! It used to happen once in a while but now happens every time I open a word doc!

da4...@gmail.com

May 13, 2016, 1:58:52 PM5/13/16

Thanks, that was really helpful

ke...@suqld.org.au

May 22, 2016, 5:23:50 AM5/22/16
thanks that was great very helpful

pr1y...@gmail.com

Jun 24, 2016, 7:59:34 PM6/24/16
thanks. thats amazing !!

ssak...@gmail.com

Aug 24, 2016, 11:20:40 AM8/24/16
On Tuesday, September 21, 2010 at 11:37:13 PM UTC-4, Patty Winter wrote:

> Under the menu bar, or under one of Word's formatting bars? I don't
> see how any document window slip under the menu bar unless something
> is really going wonky with Word or OS X.
>

> Patty

Six years later and your comment is still helping people. Thank you!

peter...@griffithuni.edu.au

Sep 7, 2016, 4:14:12 AM9/7/16
On Wednesday, September 22, 2010 at 6:43:33 AM UTC+10, joekmoch wrote:
Thanks from me as well. Well done

Peter

silast...@outlook.com

Oct 7, 2016, 2:54:27 AM10/7/16
Thank you so much for that tip! :-)

emma...@gmail.com

Nov 11, 2016, 4:54:12 PM11/11/16
Sara, 🙌 !!

jschw...@gmail.com

Dec 2, 2016, 3:05:23 PM12/2/16
On Wednesday, September 22, 2010 at 5:24:30 AM UTC-4, Sara wrote:
And thanks again - all these years later!!!

internationa...@gmail.com

Feb 14, 2017, 8:20:07 AM2/14/17
And the hits just keep on coming! Thanks Sara for sharing that tip - it was a frustration for me too. Excellent

bu...@fisher.cc

Feb 14, 2017, 1:01:04 PM2/14/17
On Tuesday, September 21, 2010 at 4:43:33 PM UTC-4, joekmoch wrote:
> I have a Word document that I can't see the top of because it's
> behind
> the top menu bar. I cannot see the 3 horizontal "lights" to do
> anything with it. There's no place I can grab to move it down.
> This
> may be an OSX problem, but it only occurs with Word - this happened
> one other time until I deleted the file. I'd rather not do that.
> Thanks in advance for your help.

One way to cause this to happen without having multiple computers with different resolutions is in the 'save' dialog box to shrink and then expand the size with the little button beside the filename window. I frequently have that save window too big so I can't find the 'save' button and have to do just this.

jhan...@lunenburgschools.net

Mar 28, 2017, 9:52:43 AM3/28/17
On Tuesday, September 21, 2010 at 4:43:33 PM UTC-4, joekmoch wrote:
> I have a Word document that I can't see the top of because it's
> behind
> the top menu bar. I cannot see the 3 horizontal "lights" to do
> anything with it. There's no place I can grab to move it down.
> This
> may be an OSX problem, but it only occurs with Word - this happened
> one other time until I deleted the file. I'd rather not do that.
> Thanks in advance for your help.

Thank you!!! I was getting so aggravated! :)

eegos...@gmail.com

May 24, 2017, 8:45:48 PM5/24/17
On Tuesday, September 21, 2010 at 1:43:33 PM UTC-7, joekmoch wrote:
> I have a Word document that I can't see the top of because it's
> behind
> the top menu bar. I cannot see the 3 horizontal "lights" to do
> anything with it. There's no place I can grab to move it down.
> This
> may be an OSX problem, but it only occurs with Word - this happened
> one other time until I deleted the file. I'd rather not do that.
> Thanks in advance for your help.

Thank you so much! This helped.

mackalie...@gmail.com

Feb 17, 2020, 6:53:41 PM2/17/20
On Wednesday, September 22, 2010 at 5:24:30 AM UTC-4, Sara wrote:
> In article <4c9979e9$0$1647$742e...@news.sonic.net>,
> Patty Winter <pat...@wintertime.com> wrote:
>
> > In article
> > <df33218b-baee-4498...@k30g2000vbn.googlegroups.com>,
> > joekmoch <j...@jkmoch.com> wrote:
> > >I have a Word document that I can't see the top of because it's
> > >behind
> > >the top menu bar. I cannot see the 3 horizontal "lights" to do
> > >anything with it. There's no place I can grab to move it down.
> >

> > Under the menu bar, or under one of Word's formatting bars? I don't
> > see how any document window slip under the menu bar unless something
> > is really going wonky with Word or OS X.
> >

> It can happen if someone with a different resoluation screen has opened
> and saved the document, it happens here sometimes.
>
> Luckily, it's a easy fix: go to the Window menu and select 'zoom
> window', that will resize it to fit your acreen.
>
> --
> Sara
>
> Run out of ideas for a sig for the moment

10 years later and I just learned this tip. Was incredibly frustrated. Thank you Sara!!

smschn...@gmail.com

Jul 21, 2020, 9:40:22 AM7/21/20
On Tuesday, September 21, 2010 at 4:43:33 PM UTC-4, joekmoch wrote:
> I have a Word document that I can't see the top of because it's
> behind
> the top menu bar. I cannot see the 3 horizontal "lights" to do
> anything with it. There's no place I can grab to move it down.
> This
> may be an OSX problem, but it only occurs with Word - this happened
> one other time until I deleted the file. I'd rather not do that.
> Thanks in advance for your help.

Thank you! I would never have thought of that simple fix.