Rotate tool is greyed out

Russ Bankson

Jan 11, 2010, 7:58:01 PM1/11/10
OS X10.4.11
Word 2004 11.5.6

I want to rotate an object (.jpg file) that I dragged into Word from an
Entourage email. I selected the object but the rotate tool and its options
are greyed out. What is the problem?

Peter Jamieson

Jan 12, 2010, 5:29:33 AM1/12/10
Since it's Word 2004, the following info. from Word Help applies:

-------------------------
I can't rotate a picture.
When you insert a picture in Microsoft Word, by default the picture is
inserted inline with the text in the document. In order to rotate a
picture in Word, you must change the text wrapping options for the
picture. Select the picture you want to rotate, and then select a
different wrapping style under Wrapping on the Formatting Palette
-------------------------

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

jac.s...@gmail.com

Oct 15, 2015, 9:06:02 PM10/15/15
peter jamieson i love you i have spent hours trying to do the same thing

dawn...@gmail.com

Nov 26, 2016, 3:43:01 PM11/26/16
This was extremely helpful. Thank you Peter!

waqast...@gmail.com

Apr 24, 2017, 8:07:35 AM4/24/17
that's a great piece of information
Thank peter

jwmc...@gmail.com

May 22, 2017, 10:36:20 AM5/22/17
Very, very helpful. Great information and works cross platform. I have Mac Word 2011. Thanks Peter.

dhrob...@hotmail.com

Jun 16, 2017, 2:44:03 AM6/16/17
Great advice! Works for Mac Office 2011

katec...@hotmail.com

Jul 6, 2017, 4:48:22 PM7/6/17
LEGEND!!

tom.jos...@gmail.com

Nov 22, 2017, 10:22:22 AM11/22/17

tom.jos...@gmail.com

Nov 22, 2017, 10:23:36 AM11/22/17
On Tuesday, 12 January 2010 10:29:33 UTC, Peter Jamieson wrote:
Thank you ever so much Peter. Like jac.s below, I have just spent ages attempting to rotate a grey 'Rotate' area - Bless You!!!!
Message has been deleted

txdo...@gmail.com

Oct 1, 2018, 12:41:22 PM10/1/18
Thank you Peter!

jasonpe...@gmail.com

Jul 14, 2019, 8:26:28 AM7/14/19
Hi All,
I can't do this as the arrange tab options are limited align and rotate. The rotate options I need are greyed.

arleneth...@gmail.com

Mar 15, 2020, 3:07:08 PM3/15/20
On Tuesday, January 12, 2010 at 5:29:33 AM UTC-5, Peter Jamieson wrote:
Thank you so much Peter. I've spent hours trying to rotate my spreadsheet and your comment fixed my problem in a minute!